• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a few years since I've seen the Burton Batman films. But I remember the first one being extra crispy.  Returns was definitely original recipe though,  so really you're making a good choice either way.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman '89 is good but not great; it works better as a Joker film than a Batman film. Batman Returns would be the superior of the two, but I completely and utterly loathe DeVito's Penguin.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen too much It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to be able to constructively judge him in anything,  because no matter what I will only see Frank in more wacky hijinx.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I consider Jennifer Lawrence one of my favourite actresses, but I have yet to see a film of hers I like enough to want to own.

Wonder how that happens.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bride of Frankenstein was the movie that convinced me B&W photography/cinematography had artistic merit and wasn't simply a symptom of outmoded technology.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The people I know who are going into film don't see black and white films as something special, they hold views similar to what you described, and it astounds me.

One of them loves the Star Wars prequels.  I find it very difficult to take him seriously.  Yet, he's the one pursuing a career in film, and I'm not, so what do I know.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was so disappointed with Bride of Frankenstein. Doesn't hold a candle to the original, IMO.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Bride of Frankenstein was the movie that convinced me B&W photography/cinematography had artistic merit and wasn't simply a symptom of outmoded technology.

Could you elaborate on this?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll go ahead and speak for him and say yes of course.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Duragizer said:

Could you elaborate on this?

Growing up, I didn't hate B&W movies or refuse to watch them, but I still found them primitive, flawed creations borne of technological/budgetary constraints. It wasn't until 2005/06, when I started regarding film in general as art and not just entertainment, that I started noticing the aesthetics of B&W film. I watched Bride for the first time during that period, and it really drove home that there are effects you can achieve with light and shadow and contrast which can only be perfectly executed through B&W.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's about time you were right about something.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
not sure if it's so unusual for someone to like the PT. don't find someone difficult to take seriously just because they love it. i love it and you all take me seriously :D

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
on another note Into the Spiderverse is the best superhero movie. screw Superman.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wait until you hear what dahmage thinks we should do to people who love the pt. But sh we must not speak here there are some among us.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's a good film maker, but star trek is not compatible with his style methinks.

Top Bottom