• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random movie thoughts

Possessed said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Handman said:
It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.

The first two Ram Saimi spider-men are that good good,  son.

And the third is still that okay okay, imo

Are you trying to fit in with the people around here admitting they like attack of the clones?

Handman said:
It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

Nothing against Superman, but to say none of the MCU films is sincere is misinformed. Sure they're corporate products, but the people making them always at least try to put some heart in, and sometimes it's successful. 

The Guardians of the Galaxy films have some of the most sincere feels of any superhero movie.

Possessed said:
Are you trying to fit in with the person around here admitting they like attack of the clones?

WYSHS

I can think of at least two off the top of my head. Unless you're making the point that @collipso isn't real,  which is a valid viewpoint.

I love Spider-Man 3, but I admit that it's bad. I just have fun with it.

Possessed said:
I can think of at least two off the top of my head. Unless you're making the point that @collipso isn't real,  which is a valid viewpoint.

I just fear that if I let myself admit that there are multiple people here that claim to like it, I'd cease to exist.

I'll soon watch Batman Forever before I ever watch Superman: The Motion Picture again. And that's not me being hyperbolic; that's how strongly I dislike the Reeve picture.

I think we have a problem with Duragizer.
No, but seriously, that's quite the opinion. What do you dislike about it? What is your favorite portrayal of Superman in film or television? Do you dislike it because of Reeve? What do you think of the sequels?

I think it's the boots.

jrWHAG42 said:
What do you dislike about it?

Roughly, in order of appearance:

• Brando's comatose performance as Jor-El.
  • Jor-El's insipid dialogue.
  • The framing and pacing of the Krypton scenes in general.
  • The pretentious, incongruous Christ allusions.
  • That Clark had to spend 12 years getting brainwashed by the ghost of Jor-El in order to become Superman.
  • Kidder's Lois. Frankly, I don't find her beautiful enough to play Lois Lane, and she lacks the charisma to compensate.
  • Reeve's Klutz Kent.
  • Hackman's Luthor, Otis, et al.
  • The Lois/Superman romance, which I find inauthentic and unconvincing.
  • The dumbshit "turning back time" ending.

What is your favorite portrayal of Superman in film or television?

Bud Collyer is my favourite Superman. Dean Cain is my favourite Clark.

What do you think of the sequels?

• Superman II has Zod & co. and the diner scenes, which I adore. That's about all I like from the film.
  • Superman III is slightly underrated. Annette O'Toole's Lana is a far better love interest than Kidder's Lois, and the "Clark vs. Evil Superman" fight is perfection. It's still a mostly shit movie, though.
  • Superman IV is cheap trash and rightly regarded as such.
  • Superman Returns is an uninspired rehash made by a hack.

TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.  Kinda like how Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.

Batman Returns is also a christmas movie :D

Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.

Sounds like someone's in denial.

Duragizer said:
Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.

About?

Duragizer said:

Aboot?

WDWHS

Duragizer said:

About?

Returns being a superhero movie, which it objectively, empirically, verifiably is.

Duragizer said:
Duragizer said:

About?

Returns being a superhero movie, which it objectively, empirically, verifiably is.

LOL HUMANS TALKING ABOUT OBJECTIVITY

I DONT THINK HUMANS COUNT AS HUMANS

I MEAN COMMA I WOULD FEEL BAD FOR THEM IF THEY DID

Back
Top Bottom