• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
Wiki caveat aside....

https://pixar.fandom.com/wiki/Woody

Specifications

Woody was made in 1957, and stands 15.18 inches tall (his hat adds on three-fourths of an inch). His plastic components are made out of vinyl polymer, while his cloth components are made out of dyed fabric (with blanket stitch embroidering on his vest) and denim for his jeans. He has a pull-string gramophone voicebox, which has 9 tracks for each possible phrase.

I bring you original concept art for the original film:
31.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And that scene from Toy Story 2 just doesn't make sense any other way.  He's certainly not an airhead.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That looks like the concept art from the first version of Toy Story, when Woody was an unlikeable jerk. They tossed all that out when they redid the story.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I could show you countless examples of concept art that ended up having nothing to do with the final product.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I could show you countless examples of concept art that ended up having nothing to do with the final product.

Wait, Ralph Fiennes wasn't cast as Obi-Wan for the prequels‽

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Wait, Ralph Fiennes wasn't cast as Obi-Wan for the prequels‽

And Kevin Spacey wasn't cast as Walter Matthau being cast as Obi-Wan in the originals.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The original 1978 Superman is still the best superhero movie ever.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
The original 1978 Superman is still the best superhero movie ever.

I don't believe you! It's another trick!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
The original 1978 Superman is still the best superhero movie ever.

It pales in comparison to the least of the MCU (which would be Captain Marvel). Not to mention many Smallville S1-3 eps. IMHO. :p

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I 100% agree with Handman, about Superman the Movie being the best superhero movie. I absolutely love it. Still need to watch the extended version though.
The original movie holds up perfectly in almost every respect, and Christopher Reeve is my Superman. That being said, I still love Henry Cavill's portrayal.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
None of those Spidey films are in the MCU, I agree they get close to it as well.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
None of those Spidey films are in the MCU, I agree they get close to it as well.

I know that.  The first part of the post was “it’s the only superhero film that gets what a superhero should be” so I was mostly replying to that, though I realize that the sincerity comment was only to MCU movies and thus my reply wasn’t applicable to that.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smallville?  Lol.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.  Kinda like how Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Handman said:

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.

The first two Ram Saimi spider-men are that good good,  son.

Top Bottom