• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Goddammit, if the Jedi can die, so can the toys.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ Yeah, that annoyed me too. The original Woody dolls had solid heads as well. Doesn't make any sense.

Why, pixar? Why?

Edit: darn it, Frink. You screwed up my text arrow pointy thingy.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is the Bigger Luke though?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Daily Dot said:
The Bigger Luke Hypothesis is a beautiful parody of ridiculous ‘Star Wars’ fan theories
According to this fan theory, there were two different Luke Skywalkers in the original Star Wars trilogy, Luke Prime and Bigger Luke, who may have been played by a slightly taller body double. This combines three of my absolute favorite things on the Internet: Star Wars, celebrity height trivia, and unnecessarily detailed conspiracy theories.​

While the Bigger Luke Hypothesis has allegedly been around since the ’80s, it may actually have originated as a joke last year. The first concrete evidence of Bigger Luke online is an archived Reddit thread from June 2015, and the theory went viral on Monday when the Twitter account @outofcontextsw posted a screencap of the Bigger Luke Wiki, which was created in late 2015.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
So, a new trailer has come out for Toy Story 4, and it has this shot:

0NqE4Er.png

Insinuating Woody's head is made of plastic and filled with air.  This completely contradicts Toy Story 2, in which it is established Woody is a vintage toy from the 50s, and uh, made of wood.  Hence the name... Woody.

kqwPw4s.png

The fact that they haven't bothered to pay attention to detail for the sake of a cheap joke has me very worried for this film.

Wait, then what is this I bought for my kids!?

brands_18.jpg

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
 Yeah, that annoyed me too. The original Woody dolls had solid heads as well. Doesn't make any sense.

I still have my original doll!

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nothing enrages me more than the continuity in the Toy Story films.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Possessed said:

Maybe the Cars films.

Nah, Cars 1 and 3 line up just fine.  It's weird that they never made a Cars 2 though.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
The Daily Dot said:
The Bigger Luke Hypothesis is a beautiful parody of ridiculous ‘Star Wars’ fan theories
According to this fan theory, there were two different Luke Skywalkers in the original Star Wars trilogy, Luke Prime and Bigger Luke, who may have been played by a slightly taller body double. This combines three of my absolute favorite things on the Internet: Star Wars, celebrity height trivia, and unnecessarily detailed conspiracy theories.​

While the Bigger Luke Hypothesis has allegedly been around since the ’80s, it may actually have originated as a joke last year. The first concrete evidence of Bigger Luke online is an archived Reddit thread from June 2015, and the theory went viral on Monday when the Twitter account @outofcontextsw posted a screencap of the Bigger Luke Wiki, which was created in late 2015.

giphy.gif

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:

Perhaps you aren't the right person to be in charge of the pizza thread then.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've taken my first step into a slightly larger world!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:

That's actually one of the points on the wiki page.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:

That's actually one of the points on the wiki page.

databank_ricolie_01_169_f175f81b.jpeg

I didn't think of it myself.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woody was named after the character from the cartoon from the 50s.  I don't think it was ever stated he was made of wood.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wiki caveat aside....

https://pixar.fandom.com/wiki/Woody

Specifications

Woody was made in 1957, and stands 15.18 inches tall (his hat adds on three-fourths of an inch). His plastic components are made out of vinyl polymer, while his cloth components are made out of dyed fabric (with blanket stitch embroidering on his vest) and denim for his jeans. He has a pull-string gramophone voicebox, which has 9 tracks for each possible phrase.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's just what the lizard people want you to think.

Top Bottom