• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just had a thought. Remember in the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets it was such a big deal that Harry and Ron was seen by Muggles flying in the blue car? And how the Order of the Phoenix film ignores this when Harry and the Order fly through London, over River Thames, and passing by a large boat, in plain sight?

Well, here is how I would have done it: so the sky is clear this time unlike the movie, so the awesome “Awh look at the beauty of London!” Stuff is still there. We see it from above, we see the order from below (as if they were birds) The Order is flying next to a lot of birds, fitting in, yes very nice... then suddenly the screeching sound of a plane is heard, when from a cloud afar, a plane comes out! The Order go into position to avoid it, and Harry makes a swirling spin to avoid it.

“Nice twirl, Harry!” says Tonks

“You okay there, kid?” says Mad-Eye Moody

“Yeah” says Harry, out of breath. “Didn’t they see us?”

“Bah, the plane’s so fast there’s no way they could’ve seen us!” says Moody

“Yeah, so are we! Wooo” says Tonks, twirling around exhilarated. Harry, smiles in excitement, and they continue on. As they fly on to Sirius’s house, they pass through a large cloud, symbolizing the coming darkness.

I dunno, I like it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw this massively intriguing trailer for a German film from 2016...

(Warning. A few NSFW shots in there)

...and then discovered there is no release with subtitles available. Damn it all to hell!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This synth trailer for a new season at the BFI is amazing:

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So endgame is the longest superhero film theatrically.

Watchmen I think is the longest, It's ultimate cut is 3h 35m

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really follow the whole marvel thing, but my mate said yesterday that it was 3 hours and I was like wahhjjansi!? That's longer than Fellowship of The Ring! To which followed the retort "not the extended cut", and I was like "Pfft. We're talking theatrical here, people"   :sleepy:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ And you were wrong both ways. ;)

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder if the Star Wars prequels are actually programs in The Matrix that Mouse wrote.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Junglist Paja said:
I wonder if the Star Wars prequels are actually programs in The Matrix that Mouse wrote.

Maybe. Though, his skills have gone down a peg or two if this is what's become of the woman in the red dress:

1465913370-queen-amidala-star-wars.jpeg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My local 7-screen Cinema has 22 screenings of 'Avengers: Endgame' today and 1 showing each of another 2 films. Sounds reasonable.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my local Texas cinema has done basically the same thing,
but im going to an earlier showing in Tyler, texas and that cinema
has all the other shows as well- but i get to see endgame on IMAX

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What if, when the Fantastic Four come to the MCU, they skip ahead to The New Fantastic Four?

c38445aa9154e0701fa533fc897a2685.jpg

jparker800

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My (unpopular) Avengers movie ranking:

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Age of Ultron
4. Endgame 

I like a good mix of action and character/plot development to keep the movie interesting and moving along, but Endgame was very heavy on the front end with character/plot development, and very light on action. In other words, it felt very slow for most of the movie and then exploded in the final third. I still very much enjoyed the movie, but I’m simply comparing it to the other Avengers movies.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just discovered the BFI Channel on amazon prime.

If anyone fancies binging some classic cinema then they do a week free trial. Lots of Kurosawa on there too.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Just discovered the BFI Channel on amazon prime.

If anyone fancies binging some classic cinema then they do a week free trial. Lots of Kurosawa on there too.

Yeah it's a great bolt on but it's got a few down sides. You can't download anything to your devices, sometimes the transfers aren't as good as they could be and occasionally the films are at the wrong aspect-ratio (at least one Kurosawa for example). Using the PC desktop app seemed to be the only way to correct the AR issue. Still it's mostly packed with HD classic cinema.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't really like Return of The Jedi last time I watched it, but having just Re-watched ESB, I feel a need to revisit it. 

I don't have my VHS copy to hand, I don't think I can bear to watch the George Lucas Special Edition, and Adywans Revisited version probably won't be out till I'm 40.

Any suggestions on what version I should watch in the meantime?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Any suggestions on what version I should watch in the meantime?

If Q2's fanedit is available I'd suggest that. Or if you're absolutely against seeing anything S.E. you should go with Harmy's Despecialized version.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
4k83, I've been meaning to watch. Should be the best version to watch theoretically.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
I didn't really like Return of The Jedi last time I watched it, but having just Re-watched ESB, I feel a need to revisit it.

I felt that sensation once. I burnt an Ewok effigy until it went away.

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone here seen Intolerance, the 1916 silent film? Is it good? I want to watch it for its historical value, but I also don't want to be in for the longest three hours of my life.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
MovieFreakedMind said:
Intolerance

My review:

Long story short: I didn't love it but I recognize it's a great piece of cinema history.

I'm not big into silent films. I think the only feature-length silent movie I've given 5 stars to has been Nosferatu. This was a test of endurance. The inter-titles cards looked ugly to me and started giving me a headache. But, it's amazing what D.W. Griffith was able to do 100 years ago and it's clear to me how he shaped a lot of modern movies in terms of story-telling and techniques.

4 out of 5 stars

I'm sure TM2YC has more positive things to say about it.

Top Bottom