• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Most superhero films are mediocre at best, including the MCU films.

I love mediocre.
But I can't tolerate slightly less than mediocre.  :D

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Most superhero films are mediocre at best, including the MCU films.

have you watched Into the Spider-Verse?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer needs to change his avatar...

ba.jpg

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My little cousin thought The Avengers (2012) was boring. She first said it had “too little action”. I asked her if she fell asleep during the second half of the film. She then corrected herself and said the action was too same-y, not very creative, etc.

Her MCU list so far:

1. Thor
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Captain America: The First Avenger
  4. Iron Man
  5. Iron Man 2
  6. The Avengers
EDIT: For the record, I love the Avengers more than any of this list. This is just her opinion.

CourtlyHades296

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since by now the Original X-Men films are ignored outright by the new, the Continuity Saga will have to exclude Dark Phoenix.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fascinating, spoiler-filled look at the Psycho franchise (well, really just the three Perkins sequels, though the Bates Motel series and the remake get mentions). I haven't seen any of said sequels, and doubt I'll get around to them anytime soon, so I didn't mind the spoiling, but each one does genuinely look like it deserves a watch, and the discussion makes for riveting viewing:

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Update to the Marvel Marathon with my little cousin Yonca: Watched Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World (@"TM2YC" Edition), and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (@"Bobson Dugnutt" Defrosted Edition).

She thought Iron Man 3 was boring at the start because it didn't have enough Iron Man-action, but really enjoyed the last act. Overall, she thought it was okay. We got to the 45 minute mark with Thor: The Dark World but she couldn't even finish it from boredom. I showed her quick higlights with the remaining hour, she only wanted to watch the scenes with Loki, finding them the only part of the movie that was interesting. Next was Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and she loved it so much it quickly rose to the top of her list. She loved the story, characters, action, everything.

After talking I found out she actually really loved The Avengers (2012), but it was the last act that gave her action fatigue, which is why she had a bad taste in her mouth with her first impressions.

She said Iron Man 2 was one of the worst movies she ever saw, except for the last act :D It's interesting because she was able to sit through that one, unlike Thor: The Dark World. We ended up agreeing that while Iron Man 2 was a worse movie due to a messy plot, it still had entertaining parts, ironically or unironically. Thor: The Dark World was generic and mediocre, and had nothing special except Loki, which was not enough. Her words, I actually like Thor: The Dark World.

She also said after thinking about Captain Marvel, despite still loving it, feels more generic compared to the other films, which is why it fell from the second spot to the fifth.

Her updated list:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Thor
  3. The Avengers
  4. Iron Man
  5. TIE: Captain Marvel / Captain America: The First Avenger
  6. Iron Man 3
  7. Thor: The Dark World
  8. Iron Man 2
By the way, is there a better thread to post these?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is Party Monster any good?  I lasted about 5 minutes.  Maybe I was too quick to bail.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sometimes it's hard for me to imagine other people watching the same movie as me, if i didn't watch the movie with them. i don't know why, i just can't picture others having that same experience (or, an even further stretch, a different experience!) with a piece of art as me. it feels kinda weird, kinda like... i really don't know how to explain it, and i've not always felt this, only recently, literally trying to imagine someone watching a movie i can't remember. it was weird.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ You'd be a pushover at Conkers.

conkers_797226c.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Soooo... "The Fog" - one of the Carpenter classics I haven't seen. I've consistently heard that it's got a good atmosphere, but is ultimately a bit slow and dull. Nevertheless, I'm curious, and I'd like to watch it sometime (plus, we live in a world of fanediting). 

If I can get the Arrow release for around a tenner (maybe less), is it worth getting knowing that it will probably be underwhelming?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Soooo... "The Fog" - one of the Carpenter classics I haven't seen. I've consistently heard that it's got a good atmosphere, but is ultimately a bit slow and dull. Nevertheless, I'm curious, and I'd like to watch it sometime (plus, we live in a world of fanediting). 

If I can get the Arrow release for around a tenner (maybe less), is it worth getting knowing that it will probably be underwhelming?

I think so, I quite enjoy the movie. It's only a bit disappointing because Carpenter has done such great stuff, especially at that time. I consider it mid-tier Carpenter. If it had been directed by someone else, I think it would be thought of as just a good flick. I don't find it boring, I find it deliberate and atmospheric. Definitely worth 15 bucks or less IMO.

JEDIT: If you do find it boring, there's a super cut down version: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-shape-and-ghosts/

The editor is no longer on the forums but it can still be acquired.

Top Bottom