• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same here or Shanghai Noon, only seen the first Rush Hour as well. Think I need a Jackie Chan binge as they all seem like decent enough action comedies. Incidentally I thought Chan's netflix offering The Foreigner was a great more mature role for him.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did y'all ever see my movie? "Sean's High Nights." I'd give it a 5/7.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My interest in 'The Mule' just mada me evaluate how many Eastwood films I've seen at the cinema and I realised I've only seen three! City Heat, Unforgiven and In the LIne of Fire. Maybe we will see a 50th anniversary showing of Dirty Harry in a couple of years time.. I'll be 50 too...

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched Dracula '31 last night. Thought perhaps my opinion on the movie might've changed in the five years or so since I watched it last, but nope; I still find it a painfully glacial, grossly overrated bore. Dwight Frye and the Castle Dracula/Carfax Abbey sets are the only aspects I like about it.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's funny, I went into Dracula expecting it to be painfully boring, but quite enjoyed it.

In other movie news, my birthday is on Friday, and I was given a shirt of Frank from Blue Velvet as an early gift from my father. I was thoroughly amused, surprised, and excited to wear it. It's in blue and red with the word FRANK at the bottom, apparently in the style of some Obama poster.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
6842_3.jpg

I can't believe this is what passes for an HD release of the Fleischer Superman cartoons. This is a travesty and an insult.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
jrWHAG42 said:
In other movie news, my birthday is on Friday

Happy birthday, man

I'm not sure if this clip should be allowed here, it's a bit much, I'd suggest a NSFW tag. 

Ahem, THANK YOU!
So far it's a good day. And I'm wearing my Frank shirt for the first time.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Tim Burton's style works better in animation than live action. Vincent, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the 2012 version of Frankenweenie — adored them all. But aside from Pee-wee's Big Adventure, I've found his live action work a mixed bag.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does Nightmare Before Christmas really classify as his film though? I thought he only produced it and came up with the basic idea?
I don't know, but I still agree with you.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Does Nightmare Before Christmas really classify as his film though? I thought he only produced it and came up with the basic idea?
I don't know, but I still agree with you.

Yeah Burton was nearly not involved at all. Wrote a poem, drew two characters, then handed off to Henry Selick, who made the film while Burton directed Batman Returns. Selick later worked on Coraline with Neil Gaiman and was one of the people behind Laika studios (though I don't think he's with Laika anymore).

It's there's one thing I've learned to give Burton credit for, it's finding hard working people who output great material and letting them do their jobs.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In ‘The Sound of Music’ I’ve never liked the fact that the von Trapp family got to sing twice at the competition. I feel it gave them an unfair advantage whilst the judges were deciding.

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On This Day January 23, 2009 at the Eccles Theatre in Park City, Utah MOON premiered at the Sundance Film Festival!

TEN YEARS!

Happy Birthday MOON

69CJ.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When original (non sequel) large-scale Sci-Fi films go down, they go down hard:

2015 Jupiter Ascending (lost $92-127m)
2015 Tomorrowland (lost as much as $160m)
2017 Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (lost around $80m)
2017 Ghost in the Shell (estimated losses of $60m)
2018 Mortal Engines (lost as much as $150m)
2019 Alita: Battle Angel ?

I can't speak for 'Jupiter Ascending' or the new 'Alita: Battle Angel' (yet) but the others were all movies I liked. Here's hoping studios continue to not learn their lesson and keep making these wonderful crazy visions! :)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMO Jupiter Ascending is a mess, but a ton of fun and sincerely wears its heart on its sleeve.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why have I not heard of this 2014 homage/spoof of Gerry Anderson style 70s Sci-Fi?

I watched this random scene and was cracking up at the dead-pan awkwardness:

This is going on the watch list for sure.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Oh that actor. What a c**t.

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom