• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that's a long one. Fascinating, bookmarked.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New trailer and footage from Jodorowsky's Dune:

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting. I noticed at the end of Only God Forgives, Refn dedicates the movie to Jodorowsky.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

large.gif

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Three of the ten different movies playing at the downtown multiplex are Marvel movies.

Three.

30%.

640px-Wfc_pyrotechnic_display.jpg

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a pretty expensive bluray don't you think? It would sure be great if Jodorowsky released the script and storyboards as a book or an ebook (because it's surely enormous) or turned it into a full fledged comic book. He's a very prolific comic book author and has taken elements he developed for Dune and used them in his comics after like in the Metabarons. I'm interested in his original vision though. They could probably get an anime studio to create an anime miniseries of the whole thing for like 20 million.

We can dream anyway.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
skyled said:
That's a pretty expensive bluray don't you think?

That's suggested list price. Retailers will sell it for less.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV info describes Collateral as a Study-Cum-Thriller?
BteRn6v.jpg

So what? It's about someone with a microscope looking at sea men running around? That would be boring in two minutes.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
BteRn6v.jpg

So what? It's about someone with a microscope looking at sea men running around? That would be boring in two minutes.

fp-old-cod-fisherman-608.jpg

Sea men?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
BteRn6v.jpg

i like this post but for some reason my finger clicked dislike, so the dislike is for my finger, not your post, which I like.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
These are cool. I love the Leon and Lost in Translation paintings.

Couldn't agree more, the rest of them are just the kind of "cool" pop-culture paintings you find in any trendy market but these two are true pieces of art...

Leon_alicexz_1024x1024.jpg

LostinTranslation_alicexz_1024x1024.jpg

I could stare at those ^ all day and still be finding meaning in them. The LIT one has much more to say than the film ever did :p. Love Bill Murray's hands, for me hands are hands-down (;-)) the hardest thing to paint/draw so Kudus to the artist.

...and if it's ever okay to have a massive painting of a Nazi on your living room wall, then surely this is it...:D

tumblr_mnxwxiuHJz1qg8i80o1_500.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Couldn't agree more, the rest of them are just the kind of "cool" pop-culture paintings you find in any trendy market but these two are true pieces of art...

I could stare at those [two] all day and still be finding meaning in them.

yep. I caught myself staring at them for a while today, then realized I had to get back to work. The artist has done a marvelous job with their eyes. So much meaning behind those gazes.

Top Bottom