• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
For another thread on another board... I made a chart! :-D

TTT_zps608069c2.jpg

Ummmmm...AWESOME

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched it yet, but The Oatmeal's graphic depicting the movie makes me sad:

wwz.png

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I haven't watched it yet, but The Oatmeal's graphic depicting the movie makes me sad:

wwz.png

And yet another reason not to go see this.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re: World War Z

Saw it last night. Surprisingly good. Tense, exciting. Good thrills and chills. Some awesome spectacle and tight suspense. Brad Pitt's on autopilot but does a great job anyway. I'm disappointed there was nothing more to it than an action film, but if you go in knowing there won't be anything but awesome adventure, you'll be pleased with what you see. A sequel is in the works already, and I think there's some good groundwork laid down for deeper thematic material, and I really hope they go that route.

As for all the talk of the third act reshoot, if the original ending was what the Internet says it was, then the plan to redo it was a gamble that paid off in spades.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's the most sterile Zombie film I've ever seen. Aside when Brad cuts his face, there's no blood whatsoever - even when Brad stomps ones head, we only see his upper body. There was some forced tension, but it had a good pace. Not sure I liked the Zombies, they were more like birds in the way they moved/acted. It wasn't good, wasn't bad, but was done better by 28 Days Later. I rather hope an uncut, gory version will come out on DVD.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You see I honestly couldn't care less about gore. I realize it's a zombie movie and all, but I didn't see it to get my bloody undead carnage fix. I watch the Walking Dead, and there's more than enough blood on that show. I kind of like that it was sterile to be honest. Gave it an edge of originality oddly enough.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't get why people expected more blood and gore. It's a Brad Pitt movie!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I don't get why people expected more blood and gore. It's a Brad Pitt movie!

Plus it's rated PG-13. Kinda tells you what to expect right there. :lol:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen it yet, so I am reserving judgement, but I'm disappointed by initial reviews. I don't think gore is necessary, nor did I actually expect it. However, I did expect it to be an actual adaptation of the book, which was phenomenal. It sounds like the only thing they have in common is the title, which is disappointing.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A quick and dirty edit morsel:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Insubstantial but cute:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cameron crowe's almost famous: an older movie, but one of the best movies i've seen this year.
story elements that could have gone into cliched territory did not.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
cameron crowe's almost famous: an older movie, but one of the best movies i've seen this year.
story elements that could have gone into cliched territory did not.

Love that movie so much. Prefer theatrical over Director's Cut, maybe one day I'll do a "Quick Fix" of it and trim down the DC.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Love that movie so much. Prefer theatrical over Director's Cut, maybe one day I'll do a "Quick Fix" of it and trim down the DC.

I'd watch it, bro. Mix it, DJ, mix it.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
raiders of the lost ark: the spike trap in the temple, in particular the trap activated by interruption of light. . . does the trap activate every night?

and the sun's angle changes throughout the year. . . some days there might not be any direct sunlight coming through.

phuck it. it's still a cool scene.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In a D&D world, Indy would have a rogue in his party, or have rogue skills himself -> trap gets disarmed.

Though one could say that similar skills would allow Indy to both notice and avoid the trap--disarming optional.

Top Bottom