• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
/\ loved that game. though some levels were ridiculously hard.
but i digress from the thread topic.
i would enjoy movies more if they did not involve james "awful actor" franco or his ugly brother.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I'm still waiting for a Simpsons Hit & Run theatrical movie.

It's called The Simpsons Move, and they got away with our money.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't recall any badass racing scenes in that one. Recall very little of it really.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Pretty sweet little video from the On The Waterfront Criterion Collection DVD/BD about aspect ratios.

That was pretty damn cool

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
baileym43 said:
i was on board with Fast Five's mindless entertainment up until the very end when someone decided to start wiping boogers inside their physics text book and hoping the audience wouldn't notice.
For me, all traces of reality went right out the window when they flipped a bloody BUS of people and NONE died. Then, at the midpoint, they said they need a guy who blend in "anywhere"... so they call an Asian dude... into Rio. Ya just have to embrace the crazy. :lol:

Also, while both their careers have mostly failed to live up to Arnie's and Stallone's, the Diesel/The Rock throwdown is pretty epic, the Arnie vs. Sly fight of this generation... that the Arnie and Sly generation never actually got.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
For me, all traces of reality went right out the window when they flipped a bloody BUS of people and NONE died.
I liked that. It was like they let you know right away how crazy the movie will be.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
For me, all traces of reality went right out the window when they flipped a bloody BUS of people and NONE died. Then, at the midpoint, they said they need a guy who blend in "anywhere"... so they call an Asian dude... into Rio. Ya just have to embrace the crazy. :lol:

There are a lot of Asians in South America.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
This is damn tempting to buy... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-1...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item460c6aa3ac

Its like $6 /movie. Unfortunately I can't justify the expense right now.

hmm...
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT - want
AMERICAN GRAFFITI - want
APOLLO 13 - want
BACK TO THE FUTURE - got it
THE BIRDS - want
THE BOURNE IDENTITY - meh
THE BREAKFAST CLUB - meh
BUCK PRIVATES - meh
DESPICABLE ME - meh
DO THE RIGHT THING - want
DRACULA - meh
E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL - want
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS - double meh
FIELD OF DREAMS - want
JAWS - got it
JURASSIC PARK - got it
MAMMA MIA! - triple meh
ANIMAL HOUSE - want
OUT OF AFRICA - meh
PILLOW TALK - meh
SCARFACE - want
SCHINDLER'S LIST - want
SPARTACUS - want
THE STING - want
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD - want

$150/13 wants = $11.50 a film.

Still not too shabby! lots of spare plastic though...

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^
^^ No killing allowed. Unless it involves ray guns, then it is okay.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Kissing Jessica Stein for the first time in over a decade and I could have sworn that it contained a scene with a performance artist shooting paint out of his ass onto a canvas, but it didn't. Does anybody know what movie this scene actually took place in?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i thought bruno contained something of the sort.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
i thought bruno contained something of the sort.

Definitely not Bruno that I'm thinking of. The movie I'm thinking of is older. Plus I can't stand Sasha Baron Cohen when he's doing one of his characters so I've never seen any of his character movies.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well 2 Fast to make sense sucked all kinds of major ass, I gave up midway and took it back saying my dvd player wouldn't play it. Still like Tokyo Drift. Fast & Furious was a proper sequel to the first in the series with nothing lost by skipping the second, and I enjoyed it as much as the first film of the series. I liked Fast 5 but don't think it was quite as good as Fast & Furious. The upcoming one looks like fun, although I hear that they will be lowering the amount of street racing in this one (Probably cause street racing isn't something to be proud of, or look up to (I knew a guy in high school who got killed by street racers on his birthday while crossing the road to get a Pizza or something, I wont lie and say he was a friend because I didn't really like the guy but it was bullshit that that happened to him)) but I do worry it might lose some charm in the process because these are kind of escapist kinda films, break from reality and such, whatever.

I'm not sure that I liked Gone Baby Gone, I think something is wrong with that movie. Something about the twist doesn't feel right, it makes you think and that's good and all but I dunno, it's like (and I could be wrong here) it was telling the audience to sympathize with the bad guys and that seemed pretty fuckey to me, considering the subject matter.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
saw park chan-wook's (or bak chanuk, for a more accurate romanization) stoker today. the cinematography and sound design blew my mind. there was something interesting about every scene.

i might not have been in the mood for such a cold and unpleasant story, but my visual cortex was treated to something subime.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
before i went to see stoker, i avoided reading any reviews or seeing any trailers.

afterwards, i found this. purdy cool, if not a bit more frenetic than the actual movie.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
170509_slide.jpg

Top Bottom