• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to ruin my moment with Frink on the Hobbit thread, I, like Mick Lasalle, prefer MIIB to MIB. (Haven't seen ³):

It should be admitted that no one made "Men in Black II" because they deeply needed to say something. There's no question that the movie is a product, but at least it doesn't give the impression that its makers felt cynical about it. On the contrary, it seems to have been made with good- natured wit. At one point, we see aliens entering the country. They're told not to go out at night, and "if you must go out at night, go only to the East Village."

The movie's complete lack of seriousness is, if anything, an advantage, serving to soften whatever resistance we might have to the idea of a rogue agency operating outside the Constitution, flouting rights and playing with people's minds. The last movie, though a comedy, took its heroes just seriously enough for them to be unsettling. But in "Men in Black II," everything's played for laughs, and that's a good thing.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't even remember II. But I and III were good...

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do remember II, I wish I didn't :(

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TGWTG's MikeJ just posted a pretty good video takedown of JPIII. And boy, does it bring back the memories... the terrible, terrible memories... :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ZZ6BCB0E8C.jpg

I like it.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Either that, or the Genie could, y'know, see into the future just a bit. :wink:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Michael Haneke blows goats. I have proof.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good grief, someone has actually made The Lonely Island's Motherlover into a movie, with Naomi Watts and Robin "Buttercup" Wright.

It looks pretty horrible. :oops:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty sweet little video from the On The Waterfront Criterion Collection DVD/BD about aspect ratios.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I like Fast and the Furious and Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, should I give the other ones a try?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I missed the first four, but Fast Five was pretty darn rad.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Inexplicably, the films are actually getting better.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the first for some strange reason. Didn't see 2 or 3. Four was a lot more fun than I expected. Five was actually pretty awesome. Definitely going to see the sixth this year.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Gaith/hymie/dominiccobb, Ill give the others a chance then, though I admit I'm not fond of anything Id seen so far of 2 (what with the "Hey, im a rap video movie with stupid frame rates" and the "hey, bite me, I'm a sequel" and that "short film" that takes place between the first two: LETS BURN THIS MOTHERF#CKER DOWN!!!
3d-mad.gif
) but Ill try it out and at the very least it'll probably have some random shot that'll be useful down the road. There better be some babes with skimpy armour and flaming tripple bladed swords with built in time machines, monster trucks that double as sex-crazed alien ninja headphones and an X-Men/terminator crossover scene with a Bubbles cameo and Randy as the Terminator or its gonna suck.

End pointless rant No. 4,338.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i was on board with Fast Five's mindless entertainment up until the very end when someone decided to start wiping boogers inside their physics text book and hoping the audience wouldn't notice.
i thought it was pretty odd too that they completely glazed over the street race to acquire the cars.
not complaining. i'm a bigger fan of heist movies than street racing movies anyway.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still waiting for a Simpsons Hit & Run theatrical movie.

Top Bottom