• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hated Chicago, if it weren't for the fact that i need a few shots from it, i'd destroy the disc with an air strike.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Miracletheatrical.jpg

Geeky man meets-cute geeky woman. They share a magical day, and arrange to meet at midnight. Except they don't. And WWIII may be about to start.

Although cheesy and contrived in spots, it never loses its core tension, and thus wholly succeeds on its own, ambitious terms. And the leads are not only totally charming, but utterly weird, giving the movie an enduring personality. Sort of like The Terminator crossed with The Princess Bride.

A-

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An "A-" from Gaith means this is a must-see.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm watching "Miracle Mile" right now. This movie is INSANE! It's so awesome.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, didja finish it? What'd you think? :)

---

Even though the AV Club probably does the best pop-culture reviews around, I rarely find myself all that interested in most of them, but I have to say that this "Random Roles" feature with Lea Thompson is totally fascinating. In it, she talks about BttF, SpaceCamp, Howard the Duck and Some Kind of Wonderful (where she costarred with original Marty McFly Eric Stoltz!), so there's lots of SF goodness in there. Also, she talks about her breasts in hilarious and insightful fashion. What's not to love?
tongue.gif
bolian.gif

DriggyDriggs

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched (or tried to watch) "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" which I got from Redbox. We turned it off after about 45 minutes of boring and unintentionally funny moments. It was bad. Almost as bad as "The Happening," except the acting was a little better. I want my $1.28 back.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read that one earlier today. The funniest one is definitely Gladiator 2 :lol:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know why some people are credited with A.C.E. in a movie? Like "edited by TOM ROLF, A.C.E."?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're welcome Rogue. Here's what I'd like to see on your edit:

"Edited by Rogue-theX, F.A.N."

(Fully Awesome Nerd)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That`s not too bad, if i ever add my name in the credit part i`ll definately use that!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used the F.A.N. as a gag in my true lies edit. i did it cause there were 3 other editors officially credited w/ A.C.E.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a couple for you this time... :)

215px-Midnight_in_Paris_Poster.jpg

Midnight in Paris ('11): Breezy jaunt is pretty darn likable, a cartoon for sophisticates; B+

215px-The_Rum_Diary_Poster.jpg

The Rum Diary ('11): Absurdly simplistic at times, but an enjoyable shaggy-dog tale; B+

220px-50_50_Poster.jpg

50/50 ('11): Wonderfully credible, equally touching and funny; a gem with great perfs; A-

220px-Contagion_Poster.jpg

Contagion ('11): Effective, exciting, and ultimately somewhat ephemeral; B+

220px-Source_Code_Poster.jpg

Source Code ('11): Excellent sci-fi thriller that's both deeper and more fun than Inception; B+

I was originally a bit let down by the obligatory Hollywood happy ending, preferring the threatened Twilight Zone-esque scenario in which he gets mind-wiped, thus being doomed to go on missions indefinitely, particularly as the ending we did get seemed to totally go against the story's own logic. But, while I still think a darker ending would've been more effective - fan editing opportunity alert! - this message board post does go a long way toward making it make sense:

''I liked that Rutledge's bullshit makes no sense in or outside of the movie because he was clearly lying to Coulter to keep him from realizing the truth: Rutledge was sacrificing the lives of people in other realities, who could be saved, to further his own ambitions for the project and to save "his" America's citizens. If Coulter realized he was letting real people die with all of his failed attempts, he might have been unable to continue or focused more on saving each train load rather than looking for the bomber. Hell, he could have lied to them once he figured out how to beat the scenario and save the day in the AUs and gone in again and again, pushing it right up until the last second necessary to also save his own reality's Chicago from the dirty bomb.
''

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really loved 50/50. A solid A from me

Source Code really had me until the double ending. It was far more emotional before they tried the shamalamadingdong ending.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Cloverfield again and noticed something; right before the end credits where they are on the ferris wheel near the beach, if you look closely you can see a meteor crash into the ocean, did anyone else see that?

EDIT: Common knowledge, nvm.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
215px-21JumpStreetfilm.jpg

I liked it better than the eleven-minutes-longer Hot Fuzz, which, while amusing, eventually just got kind of depressing. This movie's action finale dragged a bit, but it kept me smiling 'til the end. B+

Top Bottom