• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't tempt me! Speaking of which, the commentary track on that movie is also very funny. No, but seriously, it's a good flick, and it's got more laughs than Saving Private Ryan, so there ya go.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been re-watching some Naval movies to celebrate my enlistment. SPOILERS ahead...

Master_and_Commander-The_Far_Side_of_the_World_poster.png

Awesome film... though I'm not nuts about how easily the Surprise crew was fooled by the "completely dead" French at the end. Really, guys?

[align=center]
Crimson_tide_movie_poster.jpg

Again, an excellent film that's almost certainly Tony Scott's finest hour to date... but the final scene is too Hollywood-mawkish for my tastes.

[align=center]
File:The_Hunt_for_Red_October_movie_poster.JPG
220px-The_Hunt_for_Red_October_movie_poster.JPG

Also excellent; Baldwin is terrific, the script crackles with intelligence, and it all feels a hell of a lot more plausible than the other Ryan movies. But, once again... that final scene of Ryan and Ramius chatting is totally unnecessary, and what's worse, is shot in a totally horrible-looking blue night filter. There's a one-cut fan edit/fan special edition for sure...

Finally, one that's not too naval-themed - but does have a US Sailor...

194ER57.jpg

All I can say is... wow. What a movie. And its latest dvd transfer looks absolutely amazing for a 1957 film. We're damned lucky movie fans to be living in this day and age. And, of course, there's Obi-Wan himself, in what I think is the first non-Obi role of his I've seen.
[/align]
[/align]

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Master and Commander - have to rewatch that movie

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dogtooth is fucking weird.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Miss March is actually pretty funny. It stars 2 of the "Whitest Kids U Know" and is much better than the trailers led me to believe.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Miss March is actually pretty funny. It stars 2 of the "Whitest Kids U Know" and is much better than the trailers led me to believe.
:eek: Does this mean I'm finally off the hook for enjoying Fired Up?! :lol:

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
:eek: Does this mean I'm finally off the hook for enjoying Fired Up?! :lol:

What hook? Fired up was very enjoyable. I cant say the same for Miss March though.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I haven't seen either, but at least one of them wasn't about cheerleaders :p

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay two weeks or so to go til the extended Blu Rays of LOTR come out.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Are those not the ones that have the colors all screwed up? Or was that a previous release?

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I sure hope not because mine are already pre-ordered!

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:

i actually enjoyed Miss March as well. Fired Up was also another go-to movie when I would like to enjoy mindless entertainment. but both are definitely better than Dude, Wheres My Car?

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Are those not the ones that have the colors all screwed up? Or was that a previous release?

Fellowship of the Ring was re-mastered with greater resolved detail, removing the excessive Digital Noise Reduction and Edge Enhancement that was on the Theatrical Blu-rays. Unfortunately, someone screwed up in the pipeline and gave the film the "trendy" teal tint and dim highlights that are popular in most blockbusters today... a lot of arguing can be found at AVSforum and Blu-ray.com.

The Two Towers and The Return of the King went untouched, but benefit from the higher bitrate.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
K_nineteen_the_widowmaker_ver2.jpg

Excellent film; didn't have a problem with Ford's accent at all. And yet, for the third straight time on this thread, a submarine movie piles on a totally unnecessary final talking scene. What gives?!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has to be the scariest music ever, i cant barely listen to it any more:

and some more cool s#!t:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BridesmaidsPoster.jpg

If this doesn't at least get nominated for Best Picture, the members of the Academy will all urgently deserve a punch in the face. A.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I had to turn it off 30 minutes into the film. Couldn't stand it. Recycled material, actors recycling themselves.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That film definitely disappointed me. SPOILERS.

It was an alright film, not to question, but definitely not what I was expecting. I was expecting a big ensemble film with some funny women. Instead, I got about 15-20 minutes of that and 40 minutes of Kriten Wigg moaning about her sucky life doing some mildly funny stuff. The funniest situation was with the cop car, and considering that was at the end of the movie, quite disappointing.

Top Bottom