If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
From what I've heard, he's been wanting to make a Star Trek film for a while. I will want to see what he does with it, as long as it's non canon.
Mega Man is best game. 
Canon is a lie.
“HUMANS OF THE PLANET EARTH
WHILE YOU SLEPT, THE WORLD CHANGED”
[+] 2 users Like suspiciouscoffee's post
(06-14-2019, 10:47 AM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: He also nearly killed Uma Thurman and actively covered for Weinstein for years.

I would say that's terrible,  because i mean it is,  but it's not shocking.  I mean he's never really even pretended to not be a piece of shit.
I was going to say that he's a great director despite being a bad person, but considering he's not a good person WHILE making films, it's harder to separate the art from the artist.
Mega Man is best game. 
Beyond hating the man, I’m also not interested in his movies and have never seen them. Separating art from artists is bad and wrong. I’m sure his grossness reflects in the films he makes by nature of him making them.
“HUMANS OF THE PLANET EARTH
WHILE YOU SLEPT, THE WORLD CHANGED”
(06-14-2019, 08:45 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: I was going to say that he's a great director despite being a bad person, but considering he's not a good person WHILE making films, it's harder to separate the art from the artist.

This statement doesn't make any sense.  So you'd be okay with his movies as long as he was nice to people while he was making it? 

I'd like to watch the hateful eight. Never have though. Most people in Hollywood are shitty on some level. Granted defending a pedophile is a very high level.
[+] 1 user Likes Possessed's post
Welp, assuming he were to behave decently on said production, I absolutely want to see his Trek movie. After two Abrams clunkers and the unmitigated catastrophe that was Beyond, my childhood's paramount franchise desperately needs new blood.
It makes sense to me.
Mega Man is best game. 
(06-14-2019, 09:39 PM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: Separating art from artists is bad and wrong.
Maybe to you, in this case, but the issue is not that simple universally.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
(06-15-2019, 10:28 AM)addiesin Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:39 PM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: Separating art from artists is bad and wrong.
Maybe to you, in this case, but the issue is not that simple universally.

I agree with this,  but i at least understand the desire to not separate art from artist.  What I don't understand is wanting to associate art with what artist was up to while specifically making the piece in question.  "Oh he wasn't being too mean when he made this one so I'll watch it.  But i heard he was being a jerk while making this one so I can't watch this one."
[+] 2 users Like Possessed's post