If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
Re: Drag me to Hell

I agree that it's a pretty bad movie, but you have to admit that the fight in the car was hilarious.
Metrostar Wrote:Yeah, we watched the European version and wouldn't have it any other way. We are watching part two out of interest.

its not terrible, in some ways its a nice bookend to the first one i just felt it was kinda unnecessary.
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
It wasn't too bad. I had very low expectations, so was pleasantly surprised. I still feel that the European version of The Descent is the better ending, so it was strange watching Part 2. But if you have only seen the US version of The Descent, then Part 2 will be a pretty good sequel for you. I think so anyway.

[spoiler:2th2h3ct]Because of how Part 2 ends, I wonder if there will be a 3rd part? Maybe with the old guy feeding them, some of the action will take place outside the caves? Just a thought.[/spoiler:2th2h3ct]
1. Indecent Proposal : Divorce Edition.
2. The Horse Whisperer : Whispering Edition.

Working On: The Wire - The Dennis Wise Story

Support fanedit.org with donations. Use the PayPal module on the homepage.

reave Wrote:02-02-2013, 04:47 PM: A little birdie told me that tons of fanedits are going to be on Usenet very soon.
Quote:Watched Elbarto's Die Hard 2: Terror Storm last weekend and LOVED it!

awesome!!!!!
thanks metro*
Completed ---------------------
Die Hard 2: Terror Storm
Klone (Space Consecution)
True Lies: Straight Faced Edition
Up In The Air: Extended Edition

[Image: https://images.fanedit.org/images/FE%3C3...nature.png]
elbarto1 Wrote:
Quote:Watched Elbarto's Die Hard 2: Terror Storm last weekend and LOVED it!

awesome!!!!!
thanks metro*
I saw it recently as well.
I had given it a short and sweet review and a 9 Wink
awesome x2 - always nice to see an older edit get some positive attention!
glad you enjoyed it, its my favorite of my releases so far because it was fun and easy Confusedmile:

elbarto1 Wrote:the postman :|

I blame boons (excellent) wolf dancer for making me decide to watch this. Costner is hit and miss for me but this film was just BAD.

bad bad bad bad BAD!

My buddy and I went to see this in at the dollar theater when it was at the end of it's theatrical run.

We walked out after.. god only knows.. it felt like two hours, but at least an hour and a half and the conclusion was nowhere in sight. It was utterly unwatchable. We were tempted to demand our money back, but even then, we could never get those wasted hours back..

Damn you Costner!!!!!
never knew so many people hated the postman most people i talk to generally quite like it, at least more so than Waterworld.
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
nOmArch Wrote:never knew so many people hated the postman most people i talk to generally quite like it, at least more so than Waterworld.

It's funny, I'd never known anyone that loved it, funny how circles of acquaintance work.

The author of the novel (David Brin) used to live in my area and frequented an excellent but now defunct bookstore and my uncle befriended him. Said he was excited when it was optioned, but really sad and bitter when he saw what they did with his book.
waterworld (even theatrical) is much more enjoyable than postman IMO. waterworld the ulysses cut EE that just posted was even better.
I never ever got any dread from the villain in postman even though he was most heinous.
mrs cross's exposed breasts were the best part. and tom petty, really, tom petty? not who I'd expect to survive the apocalypse.
It did have a few cool moments, but not worth the 3hr investment to me.