If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
Just to ruin my moment with Frink on the Hobbit thread, I, like Mick Lasalle, prefer MIIB to MIB. (Haven't seen ³):

[INDENT=2]It should be admitted that no one made "Men in Black II" because they deeply needed to say something. There's no question that the movie is a product, but at least it doesn't give the impression that its makers felt cynical about it. On the contrary, it seems to have been made with good- natured wit. At one point, we see aliens entering the country. They're told not to go out at night, and "if you must go out at night, go only to the East Village."

The movie's complete lack of seriousness is, if anything, an advantage, serving to soften whatever resistance we might have to the idea of a rogue agency operating outside the Constitution, flouting rights and playing with people's minds. The last movie, though a comedy, took its heroes just seriously enough for them to be unsettling. But in "Men in Black II," everything's played for laughs, and that's a good thing.
[/INDENT]
I don't even remember II. But I and III were good...
I do remember II, I wish I didn't Sad
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
TGWTG's MikeJ just posted a pretty good video takedown of JPIII. And boy, does it bring back the memories... the terrible, terrible memories... :-P
[Image: ZZ6BCB0E8C.jpg]

I like it.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Either that, or the Genie could, y'know, see into the future just a bit. :wink:
Michael Haneke blows goats. I have proof.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
[Image: 479797_550448538307434_1049114338_n.jpg]
I want to make a movie like this:
Currently working on: art and music and my life, at my own pace.
Good grief, someone has actually made The Lonely Island's Motherlover into a movie, with Naomi Watts and Robin "Buttercup" Wright.

It looks pretty horrible. :oops: