If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
Don't tempt me! Speaking of which, the commentary track on that movie is also very funny. No, but seriously, it's a good flick, and it's got more laughs than Saving Private Ryan, so there ya go.
Been re-watching some Naval movies to celebrate my enlistment. SPOILERS ahead...

[Image: Master_and_Commander-The_Far_Side_of_the...poster.png]

Awesome film... though I'm not nuts about how easily the Surprise crew was fooled by the "completely dead" French at the end. Really, guys?

Again, an excellent film that's almost certainly Tony Scott's finest hour to date... but the final scene is too Hollywood-mawkish for my tastes.

Also excellent; Baldwin is terrific, the script crackles with intelligence, and it all feels a hell of a lot more plausible than the other Ryan movies. But, once again... that final scene of Ryan and Ramius chatting is totally unnecessary, and what's worse, is shot in a totally horrible-looking blue night filter. There's a one-cut fan edit/fan special edition for sure...

Finally, one that's not too naval-themed - but does have a US Sailor...

All I can say is... wow. What a movie. And its latest dvd transfer looks absolutely amazing for a 1957 film. We're damned lucky movie fans to be living in this day and age. And, of course, there's Obi-Wan himself, in what I think is the first non-Obi role of his I've seen.
Good list... and Guinness himself was a lieutenant in the British Navy, and commanded a skiff (HMS Dinosaur) during the invasion of Sicily. The NYT obituary has a funny story about it http://www.nytimes.com/2000/08/07/movies...int&src=pm

[Image: l.jpg]
I love Master and Commander - have to rewatch that movie
Things I'd kill for:
1. Saw footage without blur filters
2. Shared Dark Tower movie universe

Dogtooth is fucking weird.
Miss March is actually pretty funny. It stars 2 of the "Whitest Kids U Know" and is much better than the trailers led me to believe.
Completed ---------------------
Die Hard 2: Terror Storm
Klone (Space Consecution)
True Lies: Straight Faced Edition
Up In The Air: Extended Edition

[Image: https://images.fanedit.org/images/FE%3C3...nature.png]
Not again... /facepalm

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?i...ll+Crew%29
'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
-Chinese guy
elbarto1 Wrote:Miss March is actually pretty funny. It stars 2 of the "Whitest Kids U Know" and is much better than the trailers led me to believe.
:o Does this mean I'm finally off the hook for enjoying Fired Up?! :lol:
Gaith Wrote::o Does this mean I'm finally off the hook for enjoying Fired Up?! :lol:

What hook? Fired up was very enjoyable. I cant say the same for Miss March though.
Well, I haven't seen either, but at least one of them wasn't about cheerleaders :-P