If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
Shallow Hal should be remade as a magic realist romantic drama played completely straight, without any of the loathsome fat jokes. I'd cast Henry Cavill and Jennifer Lawrence in the starring roles.
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
[+] 1 user Likes Duragizer's post
There should have been an Ernest P Worrell movie called (whether it was actually an adaptation or not) "The Importance of Being Ernest". I'm surprised they didn't do that.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
Saw Smaug on the Lonely Mountain today.

[Image: E2-EE6831-61-B7-4-A47-9715-D01-F8836-FB88.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Moe_Syzlak's post
For some reason I'm trying to think of movies where the villain is coming closer and closer to the characters, with tension rising, and in the climax the villain finally comes. I can't think of anything other than the Hobbit movies (mostly Azog in 1, Bolg kinda in 2, The Orc Armies in 3 but less so of course)

But I'm 100% sure there are other movies and the villain is terrifying, and you are dreading that the villain is going to find/catch up to the main characters... But what was it? I can't remember!
[+] 1 user Likes Masirimso17's post
^ Er... the Terminator series? Any slasher film/franchise?
[+] 1 user Likes Gaith's post
(06-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Gaith Wrote: ^ Er... the Terminator series? Any slasher film/franchise?

Terminator is a good example but that’s not what I was thinking about I think... can’t be sure
(06-15-2020, 09:40 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Gaith Wrote: ^ Er... the Terminator series? Any slasher film/franchise?

Terminator is a good example but that’s not what I was thinking about I think... can’t be sure

Sounds like you were describing the concept of a "chase scene". Are you trying to recall a specific movie or project with a chase? Trouble is, without more details, it could be anything. Two extreme examples I can think of would be Mad Max Fury Road and Blue Yoda's Chasing Trinity "short" edit which combines a lot of scenes and may help you identify the one you want.
// IdeasIdea Central //
No Country for Old Men comes to mind
Mega Man is best game.
I'm not one for digitally renting movies, I'm a bit of a Luddite who still prefers to own things forever, especially when movies are offered for rental prices barely lower than the cost to buy them outright, or to see at the cinema...  but I've noticed Amazon Prime has a nice selection of 99p ($1.24) for 48-hrs rental movies, not rubbish either, quality films in nice HD transfers. That's the kind of price I don't mind paying.
[+] 2 users Like TM2YC's post
I wasn't the biggest fan of Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 when I watched it for the first time a few months ago. I did love the lore aspects though, with Leviathan and whatnot. I've already forgotten most of it, but I remember being really interested. With the brief knowledge I have of the sequels, it seems that none of them add to the lore at all or do anything interesting. I wonder if the later comics by Clive Barker or his sequel novel to The Hellbound Heart will scratch this particular itch. I started listening to an audiobook of The Hellbound Heart the other day, I need to finish it. I just wanna know more about this world...
Mega Man is best game.