If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Random movie thoughts
No need for a separate thread for every single movie you wanna comment on, especially since this section isn't exactly a bustling beehive of activity. Wink

Anyway, I just finished watching "The Adventures of Mark Twain". Creative insanity from the people who brought us The California Raisins. Not bad.
Ripplin Wrote:Anyway, I just finished watching "The Adventures of Mark Twain". Creative insanity from the people who brought us The California Raisins. Not bad.
Loved that film, especially the "Mysterious Stranger" segment - that sequence (and still is) one of the most insanely awesome and surrealistically Kabbalistic depictions of a "God" figure that I've seen in any medium, let alone in a claymation cartoon for kids (and seeing a parent react to the Stranger's name always gets me laughing hard Confusedmile: ).

So let me get this straight, Warner Bros: you couldn't bother to get ANY extras for the DVD release of Where the Wild Things Are?!?
No director/actor commentary, no Making Of features, no special effects features, no trailers, etc... just a couple of Webisodes??? (whatever the hell those are) :x
**Completed Fanedits**
A.I. [super-toys last all summer long]
Star Wars: Attack of the Federation
Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
Star Wars: The Black Knight Rises
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye
The Matrix Evolutions
Pulse: Red Tape Remix
Star Wars: Shadows of the Old Republic
Pandora
That sequence is pretty much a depiction of the gnostic demiurge .

It is fabulous.
Finally read spoilers for Richard Kelley's "The Box". I thought that the twist would be that if they pressed the button, then they would kill the unknown somebody (hitting them with their car, etc). Well, the actual twist is much better than that.

I decided not to see the movie in theatres when all the critics said it gets bogged down in supernatural/UFO nonsense, but a fan edit of the movie that ends where the Twilight Zone ep ends could be interesting, and a better-acted, better-produced short than the 80s TV original... I might have to Netflix it sometime.
Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time.
I checked out Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief last night. Very easy to draw Harry Potter parallels. All in all, it had fairly good pacing, but I've a feeling we're missing alot of character development somewhere. The chick starts to like Percy far too easily and he learns his swords n' sandles skills too quickly.
"I'm super....dooper serial."

Fanedits: Independence Day Redeclared | Samantha Darko | Accountability | Godzilla: Zilla
Preservations:  A Fistful of Fingers
Same director as the first two HP films.
Editing something.
Anybody else seen the brilliant insanity called ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW?

[youtube:kypd6oga]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVvgHkUUti4[/youtube:kypd6oga]
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Just finished watching Gizmo! and loved it! Big Grin Incredibly fun watching all these people and their ideas; some good, some bad, most ridiculous. Lots of laughs, many unintentional, which are often the best ones.
If anyone fan-edits Tim Burton's latest, they should do what Burton himself should have done, and give it a title other than Alice in Wonderland. Though in the public domain, and therefore beyond the reach of the law, as a matter of intellectual propriety, only Carroll's story and adaptations thereof should be given that title. Given the sequel nature of this latest film, the least they could have done would have been to call it Alice in Wonderland 2. :razz:
Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time.
Gaith Wrote:If anyone fan-edits Tim Burton's latest, they should do what Burton himself should have done, and give it a title other than Alice in Wonderland. Though in the public domain, and therefore beyond the reach of the law, as a matter of intellectual propriety, only Carroll's story and adaptations thereof should be given that title. Given the sequel nature of this latest film, the least they could have done would have been to call it Alice in Wonderland 2. :razz:

I think wonderland is called Underland in the movie.
So "Return to Underland" would have been nice I guess. Makes it a "sequel" title and add a Burton mood to it.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012)