If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Poll: What movie is the best epic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ben-Hur
33.33%
1 33.33%
Ten Commandments
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
King of Kings
0%
0 0%
Alexander
0%
0 0%
Sparticus
33.33%
1 33.33%
Gladiator
0%
0 0%
Julias Caesar
0%
0 0%
The Fall of the Roman Empire
0%
0 0%
Kingdom of Heaven
33.33%
1 33.33%
Troy
0%
0 0%
Braveheart
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What movie is the best epic?
If the scoreing starts when the movie was released (1961) it may be a bit higher. If it starts when El Cid died (1099) higher still.
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
killbillme Wrote:Here's a missing Epic: EL CID Charlton Heston, Sophia Loren and Inspector Closeu's nemesis, the madman Dreyfus: Herbert Lom.

From IMDB: In some Muslim countries, EL CID was nearly banned until the censors thought of a better idea which was to simply cut out the entire climax of the film so instead of seeing the dead El Cid lead his army to victory against the Moors, they simply ended it at his deathbed and inserted the line "Muslims 1, Christians 0. "

I wonder what the score is today.

What about the Moops?
Odelay