• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What movie is the best epic?

What movie is the best epic?

• Ben-Hur

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Ten Commandments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• King of Kings

• Alexander

• Sparticus

• Gladiator

• Julias Caesar

• The Fall of the Roman Empire

• Kingdom of Heaven

• Troy

• Braveheart

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

f1209

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ben Hur for old classic
Kingdom of Heaven for recent classic
Clash of the Titans for fantasy epic :p

I always thought Gladiator was just ok, over-rated for what it was. For me, not one of the better Ridley Scott movies.

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually just watched the Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut last night, I've owned it all this time and never brought myself to devote 3 1/2 hours to a movie I hated. But it was VASTLY superior to the original! The storyline with the boy added so much complexity to the whole thing...and the other characters were more fleshed out....it was great....

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really need to find a way to get that. I bought it online and it was lost in the post. I am pissed.

G

Cecil B. Demille's The Ten Commandments is clearly the best epic on the list. No one could make a biblical epic as good as Demille, NO ONE.

#2 Sparticus
#3 Ben-Hur( I assume you are referring to the Heston version)
#4 Gladiator
#5 Braveheart

btw, If King of Kings(I assume you are referring to the sound version) is up there, then so should The Greatest Story Ever Told. Also I think the silent version of Ben-Hur, and the 1927 silent version of The King of Kings should be up there as well.

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All this talk about KoH and I haven't seen it. I'll rent the director's cut sometime this week.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had to go with Gladiator...close call with 10 Commandments though...

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rent it from where? Blockbuster Online, Blockbuster, and Netflix don't carry it...

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a missing Epic: EL CID Charlton Heston, Sophia Loren and Inspector Closeu's nemesis, the madman Dreyfus: Herbert Lom.

From IMDB: In some Muslim countries, EL CID was nearly banned until the censors thought of a better idea which was to simply cut out the entire climax of the film so instead of seeing the dead El Cid lead his army to victory against the Moors, they simply ended it at his deathbed and inserted the line "Muslims 1, Christians 0. "

I wonder what the score is today.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Muslims 2, Christians 0, I guess, but only if you ask a muslim.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If the scoreing starts when the movie was released (1961) it may be a bit higher. If it starts when El Cid died (1099) higher still.

SEANWOOKIE?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
Here's a missing Epic: EL CID Charlton Heston, Sophia Loren and Inspector Closeu's nemesis, the madman Dreyfus: Herbert Lom.

From IMDB: In some Muslim countries, EL CID was nearly banned until the censors thought of a better idea which was to simply cut out the entire climax of the film so instead of seeing the dead El Cid lead his army to victory against the Moors, they simply ended it at his deathbed and inserted the line "Muslims 1, Christians 0. "

I wonder what the score is today.

What about the Moops?

Top Bottom