• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

KICK ASS

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that looks absolutely flipping amazing!

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen other trailers for this and it looks like my kinda film. McLovin is in it for a start.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was invited to a test screening of this but I didn't end up going, I didn't have the time.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
I was invited to a test screening of this but I didn't end up going, I didn't have the time.

You bitch!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like the kind of film that could go either way. I like the cast (Mclovin, kid from sexdrive, nic "paycheck" cage) and hope they deliver - if it gets an R rating I'd be more inclined to see it.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, definately going to get an R rating.
color me interested.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't even sure I wanted to see this, but I went to a screening tonight.

It is fucking awesome. And I don't use the word awesome lightly. AWESOME!

It's violent, hilarious, politically incorrect, outrageous...ten out of ten all the way down the line.

Kick-Ass himself was great.
Big Daddy was so fun. Cage puts on a voice when in costume I never expected.
Hit Girl was friggin' awesome. (Yep, there's that word again.)

I usually don't dig films that try too hard to be 'cool', but this one gets it just right. It's funny-cool.

I'm already busting to see it again.

This is what I looked like after it ended ---> :) (That was my only disappointment. It ended all too soon.)

One thing that occured to me too, is it all depends on how ou handle Mark Millar material. Kick-Ass rules in all the ways that Wanted sucked.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been seeing reprints of kick ass on my comic shops shelves and never grabbed em because I thought it was a movie adaptation. I just today realized its an original story from the creator of wanted and the 1st prints go for quite a bit of $ on ebay.
I guess I'll grab the recently released hardcover GN.

I did however get the 1st issue of nemesis (the new mark millar book) out today.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
I wasn't even sure I wanted to see this, but I went to a screening tonight.

It is fucking awesome. And I don't use the word awesome lightly. AWESOME!

It's violent, hilarious, politically incorrect, outrageous...ten out of ten all the way down the line.

Kick-Ass himself was great.
Big Daddy was so fun. Cage puts on a voice when in costume I never expected.
Hit Girl was friggin' awesome. (Yep, there's that word again.)

I usually don't dig films that try too hard to be 'cool', but this one gets it just right. It's funny-cool.

I'm already busting to see it again.

This is what I looked like after it ended ---> :) (That was my only disappointment. It ended all too soon.)

One thing that occured to me too, is it all depends on how ou handle Mark Millar material. Kick-Ass rules in all the ways that Wanted sucked.

But Wanted was...mostly awesome. But if Kick Ass is awesome in the areas Wanted was not, then dis is good.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMO wanted was a failure from top to bottom, it started cool but the universe and most of the plot/characters were completely altered/added from that of the original comics. all you had left was a protagonist named Wesley who joined a fraternity of assassins.

I suppose if you didnt read the comic you could enjoy it as a stylish action film but it really fell short in the 3rd act IMO and was lousy compared to what it should/could have been and felt like a cheap matrix spin/ripoff.

Dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong w/ you liking it, I enjoyed pieces but I really hope kick ass gets it right, and from what ant said, I have gone from interested to excited. just grabbed the series from my local comic shop so I'll give it a read shortly :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For what it's worth, I have never read any of the Kick-Ass comic. My judgment comes only from the film itself. (And after the screening, talking to friends who have read it; there are parts of the comic I am glad they changed. It's like they filtered Millar's work to just take the good stuff and leave all the crud behind.)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
newer red band trailer.
[youtubewide:1rkopzrd]

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw a screening tonight and it mostly kicked ass. There were a few bits that dragged (mostly involving the Red Mist character), but pretty damned good for the most part. The last 35 minutes are perfect.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How amazing was that movie? How much of a Fanboy movie was that? Holy hell? I know the phrase has been done to death, but that's because it's true: Kick-Ass just kicks ass.... this movie is the ultimate tribute to comic book movies and geek culture (the "Fanboys" of comic books) this movie is just a great laugh out loud, have a good time with your friends moviegoing experience

i am so happy with this movie, it's like everything the watchmen adaptation wasn't. Of course it's not storywise on par with watchmen, i don't mean that, but as a superhero movie to deconstruct superheroes Kick Ass does what Watchmen didn't do (IN MOVIE FORM, I'm not saying anything against the comic)

holy hell... I so can't wait to see it a second time

Big Daddy and Hit Girl rock so much

/nerdgasm

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
did you read the comics? how does it stack up? sorry I couldnt tell if you meant it was a faithful adaptation or if it was just a great movie that was based on a comic.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well there are a LOT of deviations from the comic and I was aware of some beforehand, I absolutely love the comic and was a little concerned reading some of the changes, but finally it worked

with a lot of adaptions the problem can be that the director slavishly follows the book (comic) and we get a quotation-cabinett of scenes from the comic that are loosely connected, but the movie has no identity for itself. with kickass some changes i didn't like, some changes were really well done, but most of all: the movie doesn't rely on the comic, you won't get the typical fanboy defense "well it's explained better in the comics" the movie doesn't need that, it stands on it's own feet.

the movie also empathized a little more on this surreal atmosphere - as if everyone knows that this is a freaking comic book movie and couldn't happen in real life but for some reason it still happens

but adaption or not the movie lives because of the performances and you'll mostly hear about hitgirl, but nic cage as big daddy is perfect - if you ever watched the adam west batman you gonna be laughing whenever he speaks.

From a technical viewpoint they even utilize scene transitions exceptionally well so it felt like turning the pages of the comic just because a lot of the transitions move so dynamically

I can't wait to see this movie again

Top Bottom