• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FATAL ATTRACTION - ORIGINAL TEST AUDIENCE VERSION by WRAITH

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About Fatal Attraction: The Preview Test Audience Version

Alex Forrest (Glenn Close) was originally scripted to end the film differntley.
The result is a differnt path for Dan (Michael Douglas) in the movie with a dramatically different last 20 minutes (don't want to spoil it completely).
In fact all the clues to the originally shot ending are in the film. It is telegraphed in advance
and I recall expecting that "alternate ending" when I saw the film.
Although Beth (Ann Archer) saves the day (though in a different way), test audiences did not respond well to the film as originally concieved.
They felt Beth deserved revenge, particularly in view of her threat to kill Alex if she came near the family again.
This resulted in a three-week reshoot for the action-filled sequence in the bathroom and Alex's death by gunshot as originally released in the theatrical version.
Her shooting by Beth juxtaposes the two characters, with Alex becoming the victim and Beth taking violent action
to protect her family. The apparent death in the bath device was inspired by the French film ?Les Diaboliques (1954).

In the 2002 Special Edition DVD, Close comments that she had concerns re-shooting the movie's ending because
she believed, and was backed by psychiatrists, that the character would have taken the course of action as originally depicted.
She gave in on her concerns, however, and recorded the new sequence after having fought against the change for two weeks
The movie was initially released in Japan with the original ending.
The original ending first appeared on a special edition VHS and LaserDisc release by Paramount in 1992,
and was included on the film's DVD release several years later.

This fan edit re enstates that ending which required aspect ratio correction, sound effects and ambient sound to be
added, colour correction, the extension of one critical shot (via a slow mo slight of hand) and crucially the insertion of the
appropriate piece of music from the opera, Madam Butterfly.

This is loading as I type and is an SL DVD simple release.

Enjoy

W

This sounds great. I remember in the 90's one night, ITV (A Leading UK Television Channel) showed the theatrical ending then the original ending. It was quite exciting at the time as I recall.

If this is just a preview, then technically shouldn't it be In The Works?

you should probably read wraith's text, gc. :)

Thx Boon...have clarified the title of this post. Should be up in a day or two. Body Heat is done and up.
W

That was.quick (for a change)....Its up
WRAITH

Back
Top Bottom