• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ive got a hunger
twisting my stomach into knots
that my tongue has tied off
my brains repeating
if you've got an impulse let it out
but they never make it past my mouth

our youth is fleeting
old age is just around the bend
I cant wait to go grey
I'll sit and wonder
of every love that could have been
if I only thought of something charming to say

ba baaaa
this is the sound of settling
ba baaaa
ba baaaa

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
did you just see that cutie in that cab? she's going to fucking die

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bitch has no scruples :smile:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First time using jdownloader.... did it really automatically unzip my now-completed .rar download directory? Awesome! :)

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep!
But most prefer to do that manually.
It's even cooler that it will unpack hjsplit files.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would actually avoid using the built in extractor for jdownloader. Its been known to mess things up. Best to just use winrar for extraction.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I would actually avoid using the built in extractor for jdownloader. Its been known to mess things up. Best to just use winrar for extraction.
Or better, a freebie like 7-zip.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep. 7-zip is the best.
I installed it mainly because it will extract hjsplit whereas winrar won't.
Plus, it seems to unrar faster that winrar.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If everything goes according to plan, I'll be finishing up not one, but TWO new edits and have them available by the weekend. :)

(that is, of course, providing that the plan doesn't get jacked somehow by a higher deity... :roll: )

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:
If everything goes according to plan, I'll be finishing up not one, but TWO new edits and have them available by the weekend. :)
Can we vote on which ones we want? :wink:

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
JasonN said:
Can we vote on which ones we want? :wink:
No. :p

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PHP is a bitch.
And e-mail, kind of. Though once you know what you're doing you're all set.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
afraidpickles.jpg

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
finding a new project is a bitch.

either its been done, or it aint worth doing...

I have watched so many bad/flawed movies this last month my head is about to explode. :eek:

I really admire folks like TMBTM/Jorge/Mollo who think of such creative new ways to twist films together into something new, sadly I dont have that skill.

oh well, theres plenty more lousy crap to go through, just hope I find something before I aneurysm.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just realized tonight that Up, while still a great movie, is not my favorite animated film of 2009.

My favorite is in fact a tie between two stop-motion films: Coraline and The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Hurt Locker won, how many oscars? 6? That is general nonsense....such a weak movie! :p Jarhead was ten times better :razz:

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
voodl said:
The Hurt Locker won, how many oscars? 6? That is general nonsense....such a weak movie! :p Jarhead was ten times better :razz:
At least Avatar didn't win it.... if it had, I would have burned my entire DVD collection. :roll:

Really, 10 films for Best Picture is severe overkill - only 5 or so were actually deserving of being the best film of 2009, I felt the rest of just padding to try and make this Oscars seem better than it was (their always trying some gimick to get more people to watch).

Finally found out who the crazy woman was that ruined the guy's speech for the Best Documentary award.... what an arrogant, self-centered, attention-seeking bitch (and according to my sources, she LEFT early on in the production and isn't even listed in the filmmakers credits...). :p

I found the "Tribute to Horror Films" stupidly hilarious, partly because it was presented by cast of Twilight (really Hollywood? Really?!), but also because a good half of the movies shown weren't horror films (and I'm pretty sure that all of them or nearly all of them were US films, so no love for foreign horror films).

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did not see The Hurt Locker, so I don't really know if it deserved to win or not (franckly the subject don't interest me much).
AVATAR was perhaps not enough original to get the best movie award, I agree with that, but giving the best director to Cameron would have been fair regard to the amazing job he has done for AVATAR, IMO.
I guess they don't give Best movie AND best director to different people that often?
In a way it's understandable: "best directing" should lead to "best movie", but in this case I think AVATAR should have won more than FX awards because people loved the movie around the world.
Special effects alone don't lead to THAT succes.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you know that there are only 5,810 members of the academy and that their average age is 54?
If you add up the cost of the materials and consider in the salaries and the time it took to make an Oscar statuette, the actual basic worth of one Oscar is roughly $330.

Top Bottom