• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally read the list of Oscar nominations:

Best Picture
Avatar made the list??? Are you f**king kidding me?!
If that's the case, then Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within should've been nominated for Best Pic when it came out in 2001...

Best Animated Film
Up will definitely (and deservedly) win, but personally, I'm pulling for Coraline - both films are excellent, but I'm a sucker for stop-motion.

Best Cinematography
Harry Potter 6 really got a nom? Really?

Best Visual Effects
If District 9 beats out Avatar... I can die a happy man indeed.

Best Animated Short
Has there ever been a Wallace and Gromit short that didn't win this catagory?

Best Film Editing
District 9 and Hurt Locker all the way.

Best Director
If Cameron wins this category for Avatar.... I will so f**king lose it, it's not even funny...
Kathryn Bigelow, kick that smug arrogant ass of an ex-husband!

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have any idea how long I spent on Google and Wikipedia trying to figure out what the hell "Pamela's dream" was, only to find out that it was a vague reference to the 70s American soap opera Dallas?

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, who shot J.R?

if it was a naked woman her breasts were probably covered with a blanket...

was it a naked woman?

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Pamela's dream"

i knew exactly what you were talking about without any googling in just a bam!!!

it was about bobby being naked and showering and all!

am i right?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripping Blu Ray discs... piece of piss 8)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Do you want to meet a ghost?"

More than Kirsten Bell ever did... I'll bring the Red Tape. :wink:

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
#1 due in a month
#2 due in two months
#3 due in three months
#4 due in four months
#5 due in five months

and with a bit of hope and a lot of luck, I can raise enough to leave by July 20th.
We'll see how this goes.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some hussy is singing right now at halftime at the NBA all-star game. I assume she's a hussy, anyway.

In other news...

annie.jpg

Even with such a fun hairdo, he's still miserable!

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hahahahahha Ripplin oh dear god hahahhahaha

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel insulted. I feel someone has a problem with me personally and needs to show his disrespect. I hate it, when this shows in the talk about art.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What I loathe even more is concealed hate, where you know someone hates you but they won't ever want to settle the matter.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Being the admin of the website, a fanedit fan and also a faneditor has always been a difficult thing, especially because of the responsibility. I have been and always will try hard to be open minded and constructive, even if I have to say something negative or point out some criticism. I don't hold grudges.
As admin I have to say bad things sometimes, warn people about their behavior, even ban them.
As audience I want to name them as I see them, but always with a constructive attitude and from one faneditor to another. I know this is a tough one sometimes to balance out and I am not always 100% successful.
As faneditor I try to be open minded for criticism, wherever I can. Problem is that I love my works and am sensitive to criticism.
The 3 roles don't always mix well and more than once has it happened that my admin role interferes with the way people judge me, sometimes not at all positive.
But I know that I am always there for a discussion, to talk about things, explain my point of view and am willing to state that I was wrong, if the reasons are convincing.
I do have a huge problem with hatred, with envy, with revenge, vendettas and especially stupidity, stubbornness and arguing with no reason.
Sometimes it all sucks.

It could all be easy if I was just one thing of the 3, but most of all I want to create fanedits and watch fanedits made by others. My admin function does not please me and I find it problematic to be a faneditor and own the website (as it always will seem like I am favoring and praising myself), but since there is no one else to do it and no other fanedits website, I am the one in charge. So I am doing this the best I can.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
but since there is no one else to do it and no other fanedits website, I am the one in charge. So I am doing this the best I can.

"And this makes you the man you are."

live_free_or_die_hard.jpg

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
As faneditor I try to be open minded for criticism, wherever I can. Problem is that I love my works and am sensitive to criticism.
Totally understandable. What I really don't like is when someone will say "it sucks"...and that's it. You ask for a reason why they don't like something and they can't be bothered being mature about it. One of the mods at another forum I post at was like that. I considered him an immature, nagative coward and tried my best to ignore him because of it. The good news is, I can't even remember his name and I don't even know if he's around anymore. ;)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
Being the admin of the website, a fanedit fan and also a faneditor has always been a difficult thing, especially because of the responsibility. I know this is a tough one sometimes to balance out and I am not always 100% successful.

My admin function does not please me and I find it problematic to be a faneditor and own the website (as it always will seem like I am favoring and praising myself), but since there is no one else to do it and no other fanedits website, I am the one in charge. So I am doing this the best I can.

You do this very well. It must be hard to balance the three. I don't envy you the responsibility - that's for sure.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw an ad for Chili's, and they ask "why do we start smoking your baby back ribs four hours before you order them?"

How do they know when I'm going to order?! :shock: I'm calling the cops!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Post repeating...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:p

Top Bottom