• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Awww yeah!!! a christmas carol is on CTV!!!, yes the one with alastair in it.
Goddammitsomuch! That's the one I wanted to fanedit for Christmas but the damn DVD I bought off ebay never arrived. Well, at least that way I didn't have to rush Batman.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? what were you going to do with it? Were you going to use b/w or color?
Add some cgi fly's and spiders? :p

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I hope to do it for next year, so no spoilers.

BUT... if someone here has it on DVD, please PM me!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't it in the public domain? seriously, is it?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It may very well be, but that doesn't mean I can summon a good-enough-to-be-faneditable copy out of thin air.

And the DVD is totally unavailable where I live.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My next workstation (which I'll finish building once I get back from the holiday vacation) will feature a Sony Blu-ray burner, which means that now... finally... I will be able to enter the realm of HD fanediting. ;-)

Speaking of HD, yesterday I caught the last 40 minutes of Revenge of the Sith and the first hour of Phantom Menace on the Spike HD channel at a friend's house. Maybe it's because I haven't seen the original cuts in so long or because I'm now so familar with the cuts in my fanedits, but I didn't remember till now that the original cuts of the Prequel movies were so, well... sh*tty. :p

On the plus side, if the HD broadcasts are any indication of the quality that we'll be getting later next year with the Star Wars Blu-rays (good lord, the clarity and detail is night and day compared to the DVDs' video quality, plus no freaking red tint to the video of Episode 1!), then I honestly can't wait to be able to do HD versions of my Prequel Edit trilogy. :)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay, made my first sale as a legitimate business today. :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Yay, made my first sale as a legitimate business today. :)

icKjkg.gif

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You don't just have a van with 'legitimate business' written on it that you park outside of people's homes, right? ;)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
You don't just have a van with 'legitimate business' written on it that you park outside of people's homes, right? ;)
I think this is it:

free-candy-van1.jpg

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no, my business is not pedo's R us :)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sony Pictures, you asssssssh... just when I think you possibly can't do anything worse, you go and astound me even further...

Dubtitles? Dubtitles?!? You go and using f*cking dubtitles for your US BD release, instead of using an honest to god translated subtitles based on the original Japanese text? Do you just hate Japanese animated works, regardless of whether or not they're 2D or CG, or are you this damn incompetent in your work? Maybe you should bring in the people over at your Sony Classic Pictures label, cause Satoshi Kon's Paprika sure as sh*t didn't have the same problems as the AC Complete BD. :mad:

Oh, and you used the wrong song for the end credits, as I know that this song below is what was used in the original Japanese BD release and that you were suppose to have used:
"[/video]

Great job, dudes. :-|

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Look out!!! Its the attack of the aqua green faneditors!!! Who strike back!!! Harder!!! Part two!!!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a good laugh when i stumbled on this frame in the chronicles of riddick
wtfqi.png

................................................^some dude............................................................^Vin diesel stunt double?
Watch yo back foo!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever since the new experience/points/awards/whathaveyou thingy was added, I can't think of anything to post. ;)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This doesn't make any sense, why would ctv take the time to clearly warn that the movie contains coarse language even though they edit out all the swearing? :x Its just not right :p

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Seriously? Thats the last post in this thread? Must've not had enough coffee in me that day.

In other news, I sure am glad i figured out the Dissolve command in avisynth! That trick totally kicks ass :D

Top Bottom