• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
why do I dislike Total Recall more everytime I watch it?

Ahnuld being Ahnuld...check
Verhoeven being on point....check
Phil K Dick sci-fi....check
good supporting cast (stone, cox, ironside)....check

I loved it as a kid and even into my 20's but where it once was one of my favorite Ahnuld films now its one of my least favorite. I dont specifically dislike parts and cant see fanediting it into better shape, I guess we have just grown apart.

xeno_alpha_07

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was the same with Big Troble in Little China. Loved it as a kid but watching it recently really put me off it. I also HATE .avi encoding.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Eyes Wide Shut more every time I see it.
when I first saw it I was 20, I enjoyed it predominately for the mysterious orgy illuminati cult 2nd act.

Watched it last night for the first time in a few years and I utterly loved it, my real life relationship experiences finally caught up giving me enough base reference to recognize and (semi) understand the deeper psychological story of the film.

...and despite my general distaste for TC, I rather liked him in this.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
funny enough, i like total recall more and more with each viewing.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fucking hate the smell of sweaty kids.
no, I am not a pedophile, I run a retail store and they come in all stupid and sweaty and smelly.
/end of line

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
I fucking hate the smell of sweaty kids.
no, I am not a pedophile, I run a retail store and they come in all stupid and sweaty and smelly.
/end of line
If you said you *loved* the smell, then I would have been concerned ;)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
If you said you *loved* the smell, then I would have been concerned ;)

touche!

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speaking of hating dealing with kids, here's one for you...

Early 1990's, I worked for Radio Shack. Don't laugh, I liked it, for the most part. I've always been into some level of electronics, video, computers and so on so it was as much an education as a job.

Anyway, at one particular store I worked at, there was one summer where this group of kids would come in and screw up displays and cause a general mess simply because they had nothing better to do with their time. Of course, they were in and out in a couple of minutes, not long enough to call any kind of authority on them, and being kids, I couldn't physically kick them out like I could unruly adult customers. I had to find a way to get back at them. One day, I figured out how.

It was a hot day, it had been in the 85-90 degree temperatures all week. No rain for days. It was about 3PM or so, I had just finished a Super Big Gulp I had bought while I was out at lunch. Re-filled the cup with water and kept it at the front edge of the sales counter closest to the door.

The kids came by on their bikes. Two stayed outside, manning the "escape vehicle" so to speak, while the third came in and did his dirty work. As I started to chase him out, he got out and jumped on the bike. I grabbed the SBG of water along the way.

I was on track in high school, so I knew how to run fast while keeping the rest of my body under control, which allowed me to carry the cup and run at top speed. He's got to get up traction after jumping on his bike, so I gained a few feet on him. That's when I made my attack.

I threw the cup of water at him, but I didn't just toss the cup. I held it open end forward and launched the contents at him. He got drenched from neck to butt, shoulder to shoulder. I yelled at them to stay out.

They did.

Now, why did it work? I'm guessing that his mom didn't work during the day so he had to go home and try to explain why he was soaked to the skin when there hasn't been rain or even puddles for almost a week, and he was too drenched to claim he ran thru a sprinkler.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice, I just shoot em and toss em in the dumpster out back. I know I complained about them stinking but you should get a whiff after the sun has been on that dumpster. :evil:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
in reference to an IMDb thread about the term "Jumping the Shark"
There is another even more obscure reference that isn't used as much as "jump the shark" and means the opposite, the point when a series starts to improve in quality. It's "growing the beard". When Star Trek: The Next Generation started during the first season Commander Riker didn't have a beard. When season 2 started he had grown a beard. Most fans think that the first season wasn't very good and the series got better starting with the second season.

Beards. fuckin-A man.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The beard stays, you go."

Also, I enjoy that there is apparently now a jump the shark phrase for movies, known as "nuking the fridge" in honor of Indy 4 :grin:

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RE teacher gave me a 3b (a **** mark for those outside of the UK) Saying it clearly wasn't my own work when it was.

[offtopic] Yeah, it was a while ago but I'm still peed

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
gifs_05.gif

What in the world is that from?! :eek:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
What in the world is that from?! :eek:

something completely awesome :shock:

[profanity] in unrelated news, my basement is flooded. [/profanity]

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
how do you clean up a pissed off, 10lb, long haired, shit smeared cat who doesnt like being brushed...

...is what i was asking myself three hours ago.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
first thought is fill a container enough for the water to be neck high and cover the top with something and let the cat splash around violently :twisted:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oceans 13 is the ugliest looking DVD I have ever seen...
Absolutely disgraceful. :p

Top Bottom