• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha! You can't fight it.

Similarly, a long time ago when I still lived with my parents someone mailed me an edit and addressed it to Possessed on the actual envelope. It freaked out my parents out to the point they almost didn't let me have it because they were afraid it was something nefarious.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Ha! You can't fight it.

Similarly, a long time ago when I still lived with my parents someone mailed me an edit and addressed it to Possessed on the actual envelope. It freaked out my parents out to the point they almost didn't let me have it because they were afraid it was something nefarious.

They'll never let the dogs stop sniffing packages addressed to suspiciouscoffee.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dealt with a cashier today who had a Mega Man sprite tattoo on his forearm.

I've never played a single Mega Man game in my life, but I figured Whag and Possessed would get a kick out of that.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just noticed something. You know how in the lead up to a movie's release, there's not only an uptick in the studio marketing it, but people creating content about that property (due to the desire to profit from search algorithms)

So this year, there was a tonne of this over James Bond. I saw a bunch of people making videos and articles and stuff about James Bond as a series... and then when its release was delayed, it all came to an abrupt halt. Like, I'm sure a bunch of content was created for release week that was then just shelved for the near future.

Not a mind-blowing observation obviously, just kinda interesting.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
90863659_10219299603635132_5780147814222790656_n.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm weak for ladies with blue eyes. The bluer they are, the weaker I am.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I learned that it took until 1990 (!!) for a female, as they're known in the military, to command a US Navy ship... and said ship a 40+-year-old, decidedly smaller vessel, at that. Oy.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It makes me mad, too. Freddy Got Fingered deserves to be included in that esteemed lot.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've decided to make Discordianism my secondary religion.

Which reminds me — I need to get to reading my copy of The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Does this mean you’ll be joining the Discord server?

I would, but my moderate neo-Luddism is flaring up again.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Took me about a day to figure out that the name for that laughing skull thingy has nothing to do with the MP3 tagging standard.  Never saw the film, and the ID4 abbreviation never made sense to me because there weren't three preceding films in the series.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for making this post, I didn't mean anything by it, I was trying to share my own interests.

Top Bottom