• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You could use the shave to rock the look of this badass from 1881:

last-samurai-photography-japan-1800s-fb.png

or this badass from 1972 ;) :

1145108.jpg

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just had this thought: With it now being the 2020's,  I realized I have been alive in the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's and now the 2020's.   That is 6 decades I have been alive in.  I feel so old.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
I just had this thought: With it now being the 2020's,  I realized I have been alive in the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's and now the 2020's.   That is 6 decades I have been alive in.  I feel so old.

Think of it this way: you just entered that sixth decade, so you're not quite as old as you feel.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
503-A5-D5-A-7-CDA-4836-BC28-4-C4-E4444-B5-B8.jpg

CA9-F36-F3-D66-F-4-D6-D-AA08-7-B161-C330-A98.jpg

We just arrived in Lake Como. We haven’t been here long but already I’m struck at how soft and smooth everything is.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yikes, the world I grew up in is quickly becoming a distant memory, for better and worse.  I've been slow to accept all the changes that happened in the previous decade, and there were many, and it's not going to get any easier anytime soon.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
503-A5-D5-A-7-CDA-4836-BC28-4-C4-E4444-B5-B8.jpg

CA9-F36-F3-D66-F-4-D6-D-AA08-7-B161-C330-A98.jpg

We just arrived in Lake Como. We haven’t been here long but already I’m struck at how soft and smooth everything is.

giphy.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's try that again...

3l2fd5.gif

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Yikes, the world I grew up in is quickly becoming a distant memory, for better and worse.  I've been slow to accept all the changes that happened in the previous decade, and there were many, and it's not going to get any easier anytime soon.

The trick to becoming a fogey is to become the right KIND of fogey.  You sport that Members Only jacket too long, you are conspicuously dated and uncool.  You rail against these kids today with their hair and their clothes too loudly and you are a codger.  But you bring a parasol to the beach and you're eccentric, with the connotation that it's not entirely a bad thing.  Wear the right suspenders with the right jacket and you might just be dapper enough to be recognized as a hipster from the wrong era.  I know it's not all about fashion, but the same principles apply broadly.

At least that's what I hear.  Cause I still see no point in having a cell phone or being on any sort of social media, so I'm the dated, uncool codger.  Anyway, "keeping up with the world's changes" is a kid's game.  Enjoy the world in the form you best like it -- you'll have plenty of company at the retirement home doing the same.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was recently railed at in the Discord for not owning a smartphone, so it's nice to hear some positivity from you, CatBus.

Top Bottom