• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Writing is a skill.  Even if this screenplay ends up on a dusty shelf, it won't have been worthless.  Organizing, distilling, editing -- these are slow and painful processes at the best of times, but they get better and faster with practice.  If the process manages to give you a better understanding of your own life, that's... actually much better than if it merely turned into an actual film without that better understanding IMO.  Not that a film would be small potatoes, either.

It's true. All of it.

I spent years working on my PT rewrite, and in the end never finished it, but I don't regret the endeavour 'cause I learned a lot about writing dialogue during the process. Some of the best material I've ever churned out is in there, and I never would've churned it if I hadn't kept on writing and revising.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me he’d like to marry me, but walked it back saying that he’s not gay and only thought that because he was drunk. I still think about it entirely too often because I think I’d actually be down if he was.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me he’d like to marry me, but walked it back saying that he’s not gay and only thought that because he was drunk.

People love to say "I was drunk, I didn't mean what I said.", but alcohol doesn't work that way. It lowers inhibitions and impairs judgement; it doesn't conjure new personality traits from the ether.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, but I’m not going to confront him about it or anything. He’s clearly got a lot to unpack.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can loiter outside his closet door for a while, but it's gonna be a long wait.  Bring a book.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cookies are the most overrated type of food... even the very best are merely okay.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't like sweets or desserts in general. Some say I'm missing out on a lot, but it's made converting to a low carb diet pretty painless.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I work in the library at the university I attend. A month or two ago I was going through boxes in storage of stuff donated by Steve Bissette. Saw a 2007 DC Comics internal Christmas Card, signed by a whole lot of people. I wish I could read more of the names. I know Jim Lee, Tom Palmer, Mark Chiarello, but most of them I couldn’t make out.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Cookies are the most overrated type of food... even the very best are merely okay.

V2Z4hp8.gif

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to various and sundry grimoires, "YouTube" is just one of the Prince of Darkness' many names.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ray said:
jrWHAG42 said:
John Carpenter invented YouTube.

Close, it was actually John Carter.

Let's go halfway.
There's a character in Robotech named John Carpenter, who traveled through space. Clearly a combination of the two.
That John Carpenter, is the one who invented YouTube.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
John YouTube invented carpentry.

Ray Danger

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
ray said:
jrWHAG42 said:
John Carpenter invented YouTube.

Close, it was actually John Carter.

Let's go halfway.
There's a character in Robotech named John Carpenter, who traveled through space. Clearly a combination of the two.
That John Carpenter, is the one who invented YouTube.

I think I  can go with that.

TM2YC said:
John YouTube invented carpentry.

Now this... This is something.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait, no, it was John Connor who created YouTube.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
John Connor=JC=James Cameron=JC=Jesus Christ=Job Carpenter

As you can clearly see thanks to perfect scientific analysis, YouTube is Skynet. (Edit: and it created itself)

Top Bottom