• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:

m2fyGjN.gif

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In my life up to 1 month ago, I had attended maybe 5 or 6 funerals. In the last month alone, I’ve attended 3.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I look forward to the day when I can fully commit myself to an ovo-lacto bivalve-only pescatarian diet.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Duragizer.

Careful, your sentiment may have the effect of pushing me towards extremism. I'd much rather never appear nude in a PETA advertisement.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think we can all get on board with you not doing that.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I own an Alf keychain. Remember Alf? He's back, in keychain form.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He must finally be out on probation after that Pod People killing spree.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
No, he was executed. He has reincarnated into a keychain.

If the croissant-nosed sonuvabitch had only read "The Cats of Ulthar". He'd be one with Brahman by now.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I look forward to the day that Duragizer stops looking forward and enjoys the day around him.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I look forward to the day that Duragizer stops looking forward and enjoys the day around him.

I'll be able to do that after the revolution.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Neglify said:

But if it's a complete revolution you'll just be looking forward again.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Duragizer said:
Neglify said:

But if it's a complete revolution you'll just be looking forward again.

Goddamn eternal return....

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's taken something like a year and a half, but this first draft of my semi-autobiographical screenplay is over 60 pages long now, and at the rate the narrative is moving, I'm only a little past halfway.  I don't know why I'm bothering, it's not like I could ever have the time or money to shoot it.  Maybe I just need a therapist so I won't worry about trying to make my life into a narrative that makes any kind of sense.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Writing is a skill.  Even if this screenplay ends up on a dusty shelf, it won't have been worthless.  Organizing, distilling, editing -- these are slow and painful processes at the best of times, but they get better and faster with practice.  If the process manages to give you a better understanding of your own life, that's... actually much better than if it merely turned into an actual film without that better understanding IMO.  Not that a film would be small potatoes, either.

Top Bottom