• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
59b10d249ce4c75faa9778803a266c74--comic-book-covers-comic-books.jpg

bab219e5bf85de27238f71cf5a5adda2.jpg

446931._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

61Xyuq5tGPL.jpg

wolverine-miniseries-20060519054158510-1515336_1024w.jpg

51SDyx8VhPL._SL500_.jpg

61cFrv9s9IL.jpg

That Marvel Fanfare cover is so deliciously Freudian.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those of us born between '85 and '95, you can look up the exact Calvin and Hobbes for your birth date: random selection linked. (Actually, it looks as though that site counts reprints, so if you were born in '85 or '95 itself, check to see if you got the real thing.)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As the result of a cancelled flight from Stuttgart to Munich, today I learned I am not really all that comfortable going 200km per hour in a taxi.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want to hear Arnold Schwarzenegger say "Bachman-Turner Overdrive".

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oddly, I want to see him walking around with a sousaphone so that I can mercilessly mock him for his tuba.  If it plays out the way I hope, the exchange could justify the existence of Kindergarten Cop.  This could be the miracle that puts me one step closer to sainthood.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just sat down and watched Time Bandits, which I was under the impression was the Arrow blu-ray. As I watched I was thinking what a poor transfer it was in comparison to what I was expecting - turns out I watched a much older release. The peeps at CEX put the wrong disc in when I bought it (I remember seeing both editions for the same price at the time).

It's been a few months, but hopefully I can get a refund without too much hassle. It's a shame that the correct Arrow disc will be long gone now. Thankfully it seems to be at a good price online atm.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is no Dana only Zuul.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The ghost of Peg Entwistle is said to haunt the Hollywood sign. All the more reason to burn it to the ground.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
The ghost of Peg Entwistle is said to haunt the Hollywood sign. All the more reason to burn it to the ground.

The soundtrack to that scene:

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Children need to be scared. They need to watch horror movies and horror TV shows and read horror stories, the more macabre the better. 'Cause fear puts hair on the chest.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Children need to be scared. They need to watch horror movies and horror TV shows and read horror stories, the more macabre the better. 'Cause fear puts hair on the chest.

I think I dated a woman who was a horror fan once. Once.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Agreed. I was shown plenty of horror movies when I was at a young enough age, now I'm immune to them.

Maybe that's not the point.

Better example, my little brother is almost 6, he claims he's not scared of anything. I plan to show him some real horror as soon as I can find the perfect one.

We showed him Killer Klowns from Outer Space, but that backfired because it's more comedy than horror. I need something actually scary, not too campy or silly, and nothing loaded with sex and swears. He might not fully grasp psychological horror, so I'm thinking some kind of body horror, some kind of creature or monster, or maybe even some kind of slasher.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Duragizer said:

Agreed. I was shown plenty of horror movies when I was at a young enough age, now I'm immune to them.

Maybe that's not the point.

Better example, my little brother is almost 6, he claims he's not scared of anything. I plan to show him some real horror as soon as I can find the perfect one.

We showed him Killer Klowns from Outer Space, but that backfired because it's more comedy than horror. I need something actually scary, not too campy or silly, and nothing loaded with sex and swears. He might not fully grasp psychological horror, so I'm thinking some kind of body horror, some kind of creature or monster, or maybe even some kind of slasher.

Nicholas Roeg's version of the 'The Witches' was one I watched to death and enjoyed as a kid (https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/witches-1990). This scene gives a pretty good idea of the level of prosthetic/animatronic Horror involved:

'Tremors' was another one I enjoyed, although some of the gore is on the top end for younger ones I'd imagine. It helps that for reasons of suspense, the killings are not shown for most of the film (https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/tremors-film):

This scene is about as strong as it gets and the swearing is minimal:

I think Fantasy/Horror like those examples is going to be more kid friendly because it's implicitly not real.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been out of school for almost sixteen years. Where did all the time go?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Slipped away working like a drone to repay crushing debt?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Duragizer said:

Slipped away working like a drone to repay crushing debt?

One doesn't tend to accrue debt attending high school.  :p

Top Bottom