• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used to joke that Alan Moore put a curse on Geoff Johns for his Watchmen fanfic/sequel to never be finished, but with issue 11 (of 12) delayed again, and the book being over a year behind schedule at this point, having supposed to have ended in December 2018, well, ?Now I’m a belieeeever!?

Gary Frank deserves better.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Gary Frank deserves better.

He willingly chooses to collaborate with Geoff Johns. I have no sympathy for the man.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
6756371_orig.jpg

“Grampa, I need some advice. Did you ever have a crush on an older woman?”

e1b6431fd06ffc82c3e62e0c21526ba5f8f0e2e5r1-1300-650v2_00.jpg

“I had a crush on the oldest woman! 120 years old she was. Here’s a picture of her delivering Eubie Blake.”

5135bfe35807103afa6f907296a5ecf6.jpg

6756371_orig.jpg

“What happened?”

e1b6431fd06ffc82c3e62e0c21526ba5f8f0e2e5r1-1300-650v2_00.jpg

“She fell in with that Guinness Book of Records crowd. Suddenly she didn’t have any time for me.”

B2_lJ8PIQAAc19M.jpg

“Oh, I wore a fifteen pound beard of bees for that woman, but it just wasn’t enough.”

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Duragizer" if you're going to insist on continuing to do that, I'm going to insist that you start using spoiler tags.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
American Graffiti is ruined by the fact that a movie theater is showing Dementia 13, even though the setting of Graffiti is 1962, a year prior to the release of Dementia.

But Dementia 13 is ruined by the non-existence of Dementia 2-12, so it all balances out.

Turns out my statement isn't wholly accurate; Dementia 5 exists.

[video=dailymotion]

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is weed addictive? i don't think i'm addicted to it, but i'm definitely going to take it slower if it's addictive, or at least take some time away. not even because i think it distracts me or anything, it's just too expensive :p

is it ok to talk about this here, by the way? if not, i'll stop right here. 

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, Neglify wrote a whole book about drugs and posted it here, I don't think the mere mention of weed is forbidden. But what do I know?

Or were you asking about this particular thread?

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i mean, sure, i guess it's because it's illegal here and often i don't feel comfortable talking about doing illegal stuff. goddamn consequences, please allow me to be an inconsequential young man.

btw, neglify's book has got a whole lot more to it than just drugs. it's a great read.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
is weed addictive?

Yep. Not nearly to the level of your classic "hard drugs", or even cigarettes or alcohol, but yep. More mentally than physically, but there's still physical symptoms as well. But I'll let Google tell you all about that.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Astrology is out, we’re basing our lives on whatever the X-Men comic came out in your birth month* is. Mine’s Uncanny #377, because I’m a baby.

latest

*actual date of release, not cover date.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess I'm X-treme X-men #19.
latest

Gotta track down this comic to see what my life entails.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So you took the month it says it was published and subtracted 2, right? Otherwise you just have the “cover date” which is a different thing that is really obsolete but we still have it anyway.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to the wiki, that's when it was published, I don't think I understand how that differs from actual release date, but I'll go find something else.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
latest

Uncanny X-men #416. That says it's published two months after my birth month, thus it's the one released in my birth month?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The “published” date refers to when it should be taken off of the newsstand, about two months after the actual release of the issue. It was to help newsstand and grocery store workers keep the comic spinner racks up to date, as if they saw a book with the current month on it, it was time to be taken down to make room for new issues.

For some reason they still date comics like that despite the fact that the industry has, for some stupid reason, decided to shift almost entirely to the direct market comic book stores and the practice is obsolete.

For example using the wiki and looking at last week’s newest X-book (House of X #1, which I highly recommend by the way) gave me “September 2019” for that date.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heresy! It should of course be issues of 2000AD :D .

48406387436_fc29ebc5e7_b.jpg

Not sure what Judge Dredd arresting a cryogenically frozen Jerry Seinfeld (?) says about my life though?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though rejecting the specious nature of the premise, I believe this is the closest to my birth date.

latest

Top Bottom