• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
posting rubbish is more fun anyway

Which reminds me:

oldman.jpg

“I have an identical twin. We were separated at birth. I haven’t seen him in 132 years.”

tumblr_mu8dn4OQem1snjmfvo2_500.jpg
​​​​​​​

oldman.jpg

“BROTHER!”

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I for one don't care if lobster is a rare delicacy or a mere cheap source of protein.  It's a bug, and will never cross my palate.  Four legs good, eight legs wigs me the hell out.  I side with the prisoners.

Chopped into an unrecognizable shape and deep-fried, however, and all bets are off with pretty much any critter.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Well, I for one don't care if lobster is a rare delicacy or a mere cheap source of protein.  It's a bug, and will never cross my palate.  Four legs good, eight legs wigs me the hell out.  I side with the prisoners.

Go to 8:20.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FE has officially become the Sequel Trilogy to OT. All those good threads from the past are non-canonical Legends.

Side note... I really miss FlashChatting with @"blueyoda". FTG.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:

giphy.gif

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with Catbus, I feel gross eating Lobster.

Strangely, I don't mind eating crickets though.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hear the story from time to time that eating bugs is a very eco-friendly way for populations to get meat, etc.  And, yeah, I can understand the logic and it makes sense.  But for me it's just my brain yelling "NOPE" when I try to open my mouth near one of those things.

The worst part about those stories is they often have a "well, what do they taste like?" bit.  Where someone says "well, spiders taste like crab, scorpions taste like lobster" and so on, and I think, "You don't say!  They taste like their aquatic counterparts, just maybe a bit less salty?  Who could possibly have guessed that one set of bugs taste like another set of bugs that looks more or less exactly like them?"  Nobody ever comes on the show to announce "we already eat bugs all the time, we just don't call them bugs if we eat them.  There's even a national chain restaurant named after one of the biggest, yecchiest bugs in the world!"

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ate a cricket or two once as a kid. It was from a box, seemingly mass-produced like any other snack food. Don’t really remember who had a box of crickets or why they gave me one, but whatever. It was fine.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I ate a cricket or two once as a kid. It was from a box, seemingly mass-produced like any other snack food. Don’t really remember who had a box of crickets or why they gave me one, but whatever. It was fine.

I turned out fine too!!!

...  :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:

"This is fine."

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i like how seriously the forum takes it when i tell it i want to delete all alerts.

i mean, take a chill pill forum person.  life will go on.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:

I get mine from Hot Topic.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ I know what thread that will probably end up in, but I'm not going to be the one to put it there.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ate ants once. A fuzzy caterpillar, too.

The latter wasn't a wise course of action.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read a reddit post where this guy was talking about how he's been eating any bugs he finds since childhood. The reason for the post was to talk about this most recent occasion where he tried eating a spider and it bit his throat or something like that.

It was so uncomfortable to read.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I read a reddit post where this guy was talking about how he's been eating any bugs he finds since childhood. The reason for the post was to talk about this most recent occasion where he tried eating a spider and it bit his throat or something like that.

Das ist karma, ja?

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Das ist karma, ja?

for posting on reddit, yes.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought that's what he meant, I completely forgot about the general non reddit concept of karma.

Top Bottom