• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
I'm now graduated with a degree in mathematics... It's a weird feeling

Congrats! I hope great prosperity and job satisfaction arrives on swift wings. :D

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only bad thing about the discord is that it seems to have taken some of the life out of off topic, because most of the nonsense is being taken there.

So basically the rest of you's (here's looking at you dahmage) need to assimilate.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
The only bad good thing about the discord is that it seems to have taken some of the life rubbish out of off topic, because most of the nonsense is being taken there.

FTFY

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, this always happens, in my experience, when forums move to discord. At least here there's more to the forum than just off topic.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
The only bad thing about the discord is that it seems to have taken some of the life out of off topic, because most of the nonsense is being taken there.

So basically the rest of you's (here's looking at you dahmage) need to assimilate.

Discord is basically chat.  Which is fine for what it is, but it's really bad at things like the Out of Context Thread.

Forums and Discord both have their uses.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I don't have any problem with the usage of the off topic subforum, it's not the main purpose of the site to most users, and there has been a huge uptick in posts there since the OT Exodus. In excess, anything and everything can be garbage.

For example, in the 1800s prisoners were fed lobster due to their huge population making them very cheap to procure in bulk, but the prisoners hated it and considered it cruel and unusual.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was with you until you brought up the lobster thing.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:

The large amount made them worthless, once they were perceived as rare they increased in value.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same with guinea pig—or cuy— in South America. And, for the record, both lobster and cuy are delicious!

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
While I don't have any problem with the usage of the off topic subforum, it's not the main purpose of the site to most users, and there has been a huge uptick in posts there since the OT Exodus.

Yeah, I could see where that could get annoying since they made that new rule stating you have to read all the posts in the threads you aren't interested in.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
TVs Frink said:

The large amount made them worthless, once they were perceived as rare they increased in value.

Look, I could eat ice cream for 24 hours straight and it still wouldn't be enough.  And that's before you put any lobster in it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
addiesin said:
While I don't have any problem with the usage of the off topic subforum, it's not the main purpose of the site to most users, and there has been a huge uptick in posts there since the OT Exodus.

Yeah, I could see where that could get annoying since they made that new rule stating you have to read all the posts in the threads you aren't interested in.

Cool as long as we're on the same page about the lobsters.
For the record, I called nothing annoying here. You just seemed really bothered by Throws 'rubbish' comment, and I tried to diffuse the tension, but now you just seem bothered by me, so I guess in a way, it worked.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never had lobster. I've had crab, though (by accident).

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
addiesin said:

You know that it's kind of our job (staff) to read threads we aren't interested in, right?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yup. Bet it sucks. Showing open disdain for a large amount of what happens in a single subforum even though it falls well within the rules of said subforum isn't a super inviting stance for a moderator, however. Reminds me of a forum I was on before... what was it again. Of course not nearly as extreme as that and i probably imagined intent that wasn't there anyway. I do that. It's part of my bit.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's an extremely silly comparison.  The smart thing to do now would be to let it go.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks dad. You're right, posting rubbish is more fun anyway

Top Bottom