• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree, Netflix autoplay is horrid.  It's on everything.  I just finished a movie, why would I want some vaguely connected "you might like" movie to start next?

With that said the "skip intro" button for TV shows should be on everything.

EDIT: The autoplay should function just like the skip intro.  Make it so I have to click it to start the next movie, trailer, episode, whatever.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What I hate is that when I'm watching a show on Netflix, not only does it autoplay the next episode before the credits finish, but also auto-skips the intro on the next episode.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just wish I could look through the Netflix catalog in peace.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a Roku TV and the Netflix app on there is even worse. Not only does it autoplay everything if you stop for .3 seconds on a title, their originals expand to fill the damn screen and THEN autoplay. Somehow, it's even worse than it was before.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
52008562_2274870456174095_3871228124901732397_n.jpg

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I agree, Netflix autoplay is horrid.  It's on everything.  I just finished a movie, why would I want some vaguely connected "you might like" movie to start next?

With that said the "skip intro" button for TV shows should be on everything.

EDIT: The autoplay should function just like the skip intro.  Make it so I have to click it to start the next movie, trailer, episode, whatever.

Actually it turns out I was complaining more about autopreview (while browsing) than autoplay (after viewing).  Autoplay is bad, but it only kicks in once per show (and you can fix some of it here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102, although I think it doesn't cover the credits problem).  Autopreview hits you several times a minute if you don't browse quickly enough, and mute can only mitigate part of it.  I guess I'm not really a gamer, because I've never been able to navigate Netflix without hitting one of these autopreview landmines.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got an idea for a Superman (well, really Mxyzptlk) story that's so completely stupid and bonkers it just might be awesome.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Just got an idea for a Superman (well, really Mxyzptlk) story that's so completely stupid and bonkers it just might be awesome.

I'd like to see that :)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Who is the more underrated Beatle:   George or Ringo?

George. I feel Ringo is talked about way more often. Heck, I know practically nothing about George.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
George is lesser known, but Ringo is the more underrated. No one underrates George, they just don't talk about him. Ringo is frequently slashed for being a bad drummer, when he's perfectly competent. He may not be the best drummer in the world (or even the band), but he gives the songs what they need. 

If one was to ask "who is the better musician?", then the answer would be George.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Handman said:
Who is the more underrated Beatle:   George or Ringo?

George. I feel Ringo is talked about way more often. Heck, I know practically nothing about George.

I like Harrison a lot. He did arguably one of the very best solo Beatles songs (with this joyous and appropriate modern dance music video):

Amazing video of Prince shredding the solo from one his best songs at his Hall of Fame induction:

He invented the star studded benefit concert with 1971's 'The Concert for Bangladesh':

He was in supergroup The Traveling Wilburys too:

Not forgetting that George was a brilliant film producer/financier too.

I think he's rated highly.

Ringo on the other hand is unarguably inferior to the other three Beatles talent wise, he wasn't a founder member, wrote no Beatles songs anybody would consider in their top compositions and has had a fairly lackluster solo career. However despite this famous jokey comment:

a233336b585195e28f1b2dd85047d034.jpg

He was a fantastic drummer and did write some memorable, if silly songs, so I'd say he was underrated.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One simply does not talk about George Harrison without bringing up this:

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm george harrison's biggest fan and i'd never seen that. guess i was never really that into the simpsons.

and 'What Is Life' is not even one of the best songs of All Things Must Pass!!! in 69' i think george was a better songrwitter than john or paul, and i think that him on his peak was at the level of the other two during their peak.

Top Bottom