• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spock in Arrested Development:
"It appears I have made an error of significant magnitude."

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spock would never participate in a mock trial with Judge Reinhold.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My childhood best friend (who is a few months younger than I) is engaged.  I didn't know I was supposed to feel this weird kind of old-and-unaccomplished yet.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
My childhood best friend (who is a few months younger than I) is engaged.  I didn't know I was supposed to feel this weird kind of old-and-unaccomplished yet.

You'll get used to it (which is to say you won't, but make claims to the contrary regardless).

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:

There's a cycle you'll likely see through life.  All your friends start getting married.  All your friends start having kids.  All your friends start getting divorced.  All your friends start getting remarried.  All your friends become empty nesters.  All your friends start getting cancer.  All your friends start dying.

Don't be too broken up if you're not at the same point in the cycle as everyone else.  The wheel never stops turning, Badger.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I opened up a document of a screenplay I started and haven't touched in months and, while I know I should just keep going and finish this draft and then do a new one if I want, I can't help but want to scrap it all and start over, because, my god, it is terrible.  Just... just awful.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I opened up a document of a screenplay I started and haven't touched in months and, while I know I should just keep going and finish this draft and then do a new one if I want, I can't help but want to scrap it all and start over, because, my god, it is terrible.  Just... just awful.

I feel your pain. Screenplays are hard work.

Assuming your still wanting to pursue the same core idea though, I'd go with your first instinct, even if your current version still feels consistently horrid by the end. It's easier to fix a terrible, but complete, draft than it is to start from nothing again and churn out a masterpiece. At least with a finished product you can take a step back and easily pinpoint the flaws.

If you do start over though, don't delete what you currently have. It'll probably be a good reference point. 

The other alternative is this:

blurst_of_times.png

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It’s 5:00 AM, I’ve been listening to James Blunt’s Wisemen on repeat, I’m kind of tired.
I’m looking at my can tower of solos (6 cans)

I’m scrolling threw discord, talkin anime and shit.

Music videos between 2002 - 2008 had a very soft yellow / green color palette.

My hair is getting long, need to get it cut.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Junglist Paja said:
It’s 5:00 AM, I’ve been listening to James Blunt’s Wisemen on repeat, I’m kind of tired.

That's alot of sugar and not enough alcohol.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Junglist Paja said:

That's alot of sugar and not enough alcohol.

Depending on how long the sugar's been sitting there, there could be plenty of alcohol.  It is Australian, after all.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random rant...

F**k you youtube! I turned autoplay off for a reason 35-seconds after you introduced the annoying feature as the default 4-years ago. Stop sneakily turning it back on once a year, without my consent, in the hope that I won't notice.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, at least they give you the option of turning the effing autoplay off, even if you have to do it repeatedly.

* shakes fist at Netflix *

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Hey, at least they give you the option of turning the effing autoplay off, even if you have to do it repeatedly.

* shakes fist at Netflix *

I like Netflix autoplay because if I've watched the first 113 episodes of Friends that day, chances are I want to watch episode 114 and 115 right after :D .

youtube autoplaying random annoying clickbaity cr*p that I never want to watch (nevermind watch next), or a video that is in some way tangentially connected to what I just watched is a different thing.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Netflix autoplay is annoying though if you've just finished a film or series and want to lie back and ponder... And then suddenly the credits are cut off and a bombastic trailer comes on screen. 

What kind of demanding, drooling binger do you take me for, Netflix? 

y_PuLdfy3I_JNK9tLgQPJIUIQ3w=.gif

I'm a film buff - Let me think about what I've just watched!

Top Bottom