• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Just for next time (since someone already made a thread), you can use this thread for random movie thoughts.

Gosh darn it, I completely forgot about that thread. I'm sorry. Thank you.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Apparently I might be going to see Smash Mouth tomorrow.

Take it to the emotional support thread.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You say apparently as if you weren't initially planning to go, but then SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD you that you're now going.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
You say apparently as if you weren't initially planning to go, but then SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD you that you're now going.

Nice, but also, that's not far off.  I didn't even know they were playing nearby but apparently they are AND it's free.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was building a Meccano Robot yesterday and  "Happy Birthday Paulie!!" kept randomly popping into my head every five minutes!! :s

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stolen from @"Ripplin"'s thread on another site.

aw_sign_by_ripplin-dbzr8z4.jpg

Ripplin said:
I just Tweeted A&W asking if they can help me figure out how many 3 or 4 would cost. We'll see what they say. ;)

Did they every get back to you?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They should have charged $4.99 for 2.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though agreeable in part, Postmodernism seems to skirt too close to relativism and nihilism for me to ever embrace it whole-hog.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMO Postmodernism is worth it just for short-circuiting pointless debates over authorial intent, and putting the focus squarely onto the audience, and their surrounding culture & history.  But yeah, it can be and often is overdone, or done badly.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A strong, beautiful wife; a biological daughter borne of love; at least eleven adopted children; a career as a filmmaker; a sense that I am contributing something of value to my fellow man, that I am pleasing and honouring my God  — I want these, I crave these, I need these to feel fulfilled.

Boy, am I inebriated. But we always mean what we say when we've had a few.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
A strong, beautiful wife; a biological daughter borne of love; at least eleven adopted children; a career as a filmmaker; a sense that I am contributing something of value to my fellow man, that I am pleasing and honouring my God  — I want these, I crave these, I need these to feel fulfilled.

That was totally coherent, spelled correctly, and used punctuation and formatting correctly.  As your lawyer, I advise you have another.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Duragizer said:

That was totally coherent, spelled correctly, and used punctuation and formatting correctly.  As your lawyer, I advise you have another.

I failed to read this post before deleting my own, so I'm drunker than you thought.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those thoughts haven't really bothered me in the past few weeks.  But I do long for some deeper human connection.

Top Bottom