• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
No matter how much sleep I get the night before, and no matter how much coffee I drink during the day (inb4 username joke), I still keep falling asleep in all of my classes.

(Inb4 username joke) Nothing is helping.  I think I'm actually just so addicted to caffeine at this point that I'm beyond having just built up a tolerance to it, but I'm dependent on it to the point where if I'm not consuming a constant stream of caffeine I go into withdrawal.

I often find myself drinking too much coffee.  The good news is that you can reduce your intake of caffeine (and sugar too while you are at it), and after a week or so you should be better adjusted.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dahmage said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
No matter how much sleep I get the night before, and no matter how much coffee I drink during the day (inb4 username joke), I still keep falling asleep in all of my classes.

(Inb4 username joke) Nothing is helping.  I think I'm actually just so addicted to caffeine at this point that I'm beyond having just built up a tolerance to it, but I'm dependent on it to the point where if I'm not consuming a constant stream of caffeine I go into withdrawal.

I often find myself drinking too much coffee.  

Oh my god someone send help for @"suspiciouscoffee" or we may never see him again.

@"dahmage" how many times do I have to warn you about this?

Inb4?  Too bad.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks like my VCR has finally given up the ghost.

After several months of inactivity, I decided to fire it up. Roughly halfway through a badly degraded copy of Wild at Heart, the picture went snowy. Attempts to clean the VCR's innards availed me naught. Now I have more incentive than ever to replace my remaining videotapes.

R. I. P.

Busted ol' DVD-VCR combo

2008 – 2019

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
https://deadspin.com/a-college-baseball-game-was-delayed-because-an-eagle-an-1832856745

Unless you’re a fan of either team, or had an irresponsible amount of money riding on this game, there’s a chance you did not catch Jacksonville State take one Jacksonville University in baseball on Saturday.

At the end of nine innings, Jacksonville won the game 5-2, a result that gave them the series win as well. But the game took longer than expected thanks to the actions of some predatory birds.

In the top of the eighth inning, an osprey made its way over Jacksonville’s John Sessions Stadium with a fish in its claws. Suddenly, a bald eagle appeared and attempted to get the fish for itself out of the osprey’s grasp. The osprey would end up dropping fish and flying away, but the eagle remained in search of its meal. Before it got a chance to swoop down, a Jacksonville player in the dugout ran out to grab the fish off the field with a towel. For what it’s worth, the play-by-play commentator played the moment pretty well.

No word on whether the NCAA will hit Jacksonville with sanctions after the team received this impermissible benefit from the eagle.

I always knew bald eagles were dicks.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
^And that's why you never fight over sports.

I wish I could like this more than once.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My thoughts on how the DC Universe should've developed since 1985:

• Crisis on Infinite Earths should've ended with issue 10.
  • The post-Crisis Superman should've been an amalgamated Earth-2/Earth-1 Superman (more of the former than the latter) who made his debut in 1938, had a cousin, Kara, who made her debut as Supergirl in 1959, etc.
  • Marv Wolfman should've spearheaded the Superman relaunch, with John Byrne serving as penciller and co-plotter.
  • The post-Crisis Brainiac should've been the robotic skeletal Brainiac designed by Ed Hannigan.
  • Zero Hour should've been used to reinstate the DC Multiverse, with the post-Crisis Earth rechristened Earth-0.
  • The post-Crisis/post-Zero Hour DC Universe should've operated under real time.
  • Birthright, Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, 52, Final Crisis, Flashpoint, etc. should've never, ever happened.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So you didn't miss it then?  Good, wouldn't want you going hungry.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do cassette recording heads just need an input signal to be amplified, and the head contacting the tape to work or is there something more to it?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Neglify is not a staff member

I edited my signature to ensure this type of snafu doesn't happen again.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pączki 's are not donuts.  They're better and fatter.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suddenly have a stomach ache after watching this video:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
deleted post.... shouldn't post when angry... sigh...

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had a well-done cheeseburger for lunch. Didn't enjoy it (meesa like medium-to-medium rare burgers), but the meat was starting to turn, so I felt my chances of dying would be reduced if I cooked it thoroughly.

Top Bottom