• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's all just agree that Thai Milk Iced Tea is the best caffeine beverage and move on.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not only did I just think of a good idea for a screenplay I started but haven't touched in months, but after I add this scene, I'll pass Bechdel.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Let's all just agree that Thai Milk Iced Tea is the best caffeine beverage and move on.

No.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A friend of mine was texting me late last night about current drama he's involved in and he's literally Scott Pilgrim, dating a high schooler when he actually loves a different girl, and I'm his gay friend Wallace telling him to break up with his fake high school girlfriend.

It's hilarious (and sad) because Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is his favorite movie yet he refuses to learn the lessons that movie (and comic) tries to teach.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But who is the Stephen Stills in all of this?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a joke about peer pressure, but everyone said it wasn't funny, so I stopped telling it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I had a joke about peer pressure, but everyone said it wasn't funny, so I stopped telling it.

That reminds me of the time I was chatting with a friend and I told the setup for a joke, and before it was finished he said he didn't get it. I got so mad, I drew a chalk line between us and told him he'd get socked in the face if he crossed it. He asked why, and I actually had to explain the punch line.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Handman said:

That reminds me of the time I was chatting with a friend and I told the setup for a joke, and before it was finished he said he didn't get it. I got so mad, I drew a chalk line between us and told him he'd get socked in the face if he crossed it. He asked why, and I actually had to explain the punch line.

giphy.gif

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

It's quite good. No doubt about that. I would say that a nice varietal like Tanzania Peaberry or Kenya would be better made very strong in a French press from fresh ground, freshly roasted beans. Obviously, true Hawaiian Kona or better yet True Jamaican Blue Mountain would be best. Both of those are almost worth their weight in gold.

I love some good coffee!

The coolest thing that my ex ever did for me was give me a bistro quality burr grinder and small batch roaster. Problem is that the beans are hard to come by green in small affordable quantities so the roaster rarely gets used.

Smart people do it with coffee!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I picked up that copy of Rand's The Fountainhead I requested from the library a week ago. Reading the description in the inner flap, I found these gems:

"It is chiefly the story of Howard Roark, Architect—a man whose sole aim in life was to build, and to build not in the tradition of the past but only in the tradition of Howard Roark. He knew he was right with the same certainty that he knew he had two hands with which to create. No one could convince him otherwise. In fact, it did not bother him that people tried to. No opinion except his own either disturbed or influenced him. Perhaps that is why he was hated—because he needed no one, depended on no one, wanted no one, and to the people who live on the borrowed vision of others such a man is a challenge and a danger."

"Ellsworth Toohey, champion of the downtrodden, was one of the few people who understood Roark and was smart enough to know why he wanted Roark destroyed. Ellsworth Toohey's characterization in The Fountainhead is a beautifully achieved picture of the inherent viciousness in apparently benign humanitarianism."

Fuck this shit. I'll watch the movie instead. 114 minutes of such psychopathic nonsense will surely be grieving, but it's preferable to the 114 days I'll need to wade through this doorstop.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
So I picked up that copy of Rand's The Fountainhead I requested from the library a week ago. 
Fuck this shit. I'll watch the movie instead. 114 minutes of such psychopathic nonsense will surely be grieving, but it's preferable to the 114 days I'll need to wade through this doorstop.

Trust your instincts.
giphy.gif

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
welcome to super bowl sunday

we've got
-tom, from "the brady bunch"
-a battering ram
-musical guest Bob L'eponge

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I’m going to sleep early.
Okay, just a few videos.
A little more.
Okay time to stop.
Alright, I’ll visit the fanedit forums.
Dang it, it’s 3 in the morning.
*sleeps. 4 and a half hours later*
Time to go to school already?
Ten more minutes
Dammit I missed the bus. Taxi!
I feel dead
I hate myself for sleeping late
This aint healthy
Can’t get anything done properly like this
I have to discipline myself
NEVER AGAIN
*14 hours later*
Today I’m going to sleep early.
Okay, just a few videos.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I keep telling myself I finished ROTR, but here we are...

Top Bottom