• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
No matter how much sleep I get the night before, and no matter how much coffee I drink during the day (inb4 username joke), I still keep falling asleep in all of my classes.

Might be blood sugar or yes, even the coffee.  In my case, I drank a lot of caffeine, but didn't eat any breakfast or even much lunch, and loaded up at dinner.  As a result, I was pretty low-energy until the late afternoon.  Which wasn't terrible in college because everyone else was on that schedule too, but it was never exactly helpful.

I still have trouble eating much for non-dinner meals.  Supposedly lots of tiny protein-rich snacks can keep things going more evenly through the day.  But I hate lunchmeat, and I'm pretty meh on nuts.  Okay, soppressata ain't bad, but still.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
No matter how much sleep I get the night before, and no matter how much coffee I drink during the day (inb4 username joke), I still keep falling asleep in all of my classes.

Saaaaame, for the past bunch of years.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish I had the opportunity to take a philosophy class. Philosophy interests me greatly, but I lack the self-discipline necessary for independent study.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

Might be blood sugar or yes, even the coffee.  In my case, I drank a lot of caffeine, but didn't eat any breakfast or even much lunch, and loaded up at dinner.  As a result, I was pretty low-energy until the late afternoon.  Which wasn't terrible in college because everyone else was on that schedule too, but it was never exactly helpful.

But how can the caffeine wear off if I'm constantly getting more and drinking copious amounts of coffee throughout the day?

(inb4 username joke)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
CatBus said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

But how can the caffeine wear off if I'm constantly getting more and drinking copious amounts of coffee throughout the day?

(inb4 username joke)

Coffee rules!! The more you drink the more you need. The more you need the more you want. Try it without the sugar. You may be crashing from the sugar high. Coffee rules!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm lucky in that I hate the taste of coffee.

I stick to iced tea.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Noted.  I don't tend to use much, but I'll try sticking to none at all.

Try a little honey and some regular, real half and half. If the coffee is of higher quality, apparently it helps break down the cream into sugar anyway. Also you might develop a taste for darker roasts of coffee. Coffee Mate is awful, fat free half and half exists somehow and it's awful, milk alone just waters down the coffee, almond or soy milk are fine if that's your thing but usually you'll add more sugar with them.

If you want to look into alternative sweeteners, like I said honey is great and often forgotten, agave nectar is pretty good. I don't like stevia but it exists if you need it and it's natural. I don't recommend the chemical diet sweeteners.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Try a little honey and some regular, real half and half. If the coffee is of higher quality, apparently it helps break down the cream into sugar anyway. 

Yes...that's the way you do it.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used to drink gin,  but I've laid off a bit because i was tired of how flushed it made my face.  (Worse than other alcohol for some reason.  Shame because it was my favorite alcohol) 

Now I just drink brandy and whiskey. 

Neither help me stay awake during the day,  but they do help me not be crabby from being sleepy.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
I used to drink gin,  but I've laid off a bit because i was tired of how flushed it made my face.  (Worse than other alcohol for some reason.  Shame because it was my favorite alcohol) 

Now I just drink brandy and whiskey. 

Neither help me stay awake during the day,  but they do help me not be crabby from being sleepy.

Do you share with your cats to keep them from being catty?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
TVs Frink said:
I'm lucky in that I hate the taste of coffee.

I stick to iced tea.

That's oka-- wait, ICED‽  What hemisphere are you in‽

Both.  Depends which side of the road I'm driving on.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Iced tea is 

giphy.gif

WYSHP

Top Bottom