• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pepsi is less "capitalist" than Coke?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Comic artist/writer Neal Adams has expressed disbelief in plate tectonics and support of an expanding/hollow Earth hypothesis, which he put into comics in Batman: Odyssey I think.  Anyway, he tweeted today that he believes in Bigfoot, so I'm looking forward to Batman Meets Bigfoot.

I like Neal Adams' brand of crazy. It's endearing (unlike Frank Miller's).

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Comic artist/writer Neal Adams has expressed disbelief in plate tectonics and support of an expanding/hollow Earth hypothesis, which he put into comics in Batman: Odyssey I think.  Anyway, he tweeted today that he believes in Bigfoot, so I'm looking forward to Batman Meets Bigfoot.

I like Neal Adams' brand of crazy. It's endearing (unlike Frank Miller's).

O yeah, me too.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Duragizer said:
I call myself an anti-capitalist, but I willingly purchase Coke or ask others in my family to purchase Coke for me, putting more coin in the coffers of greedy billionaire pigs while slowly poisoning my body. And for what? 'Cause it tastes good. Well, once my current stock of Coke's exhausted, there'll be no more of that. Big business needs to die and I need to inflict as many wounds as I can, even if they're only tiny scratches.

Get a soda stream or flavor station or something like that, then get the recipe online for Open Cola. Make your own Soda.

Or buy "Best Damn Cola"... which has alcohol in it.  ? (comparable to a light beer in alcohol content)

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My right foot's been throbbing the past month, and I'm worried it might be due to too much sugar in my diet, so methinks all soft drinks are off the table for a while.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
My right foot's been throbbing the past month, and I'm worried it might be due to too much sugar in my diet, so methinks all soft drinks are off the table for a while.

No shame in floor drinkin

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Could also be a hairline fracture, or gout, or a lego wedged under your insole... not that diabetes is anything to joke around with, but if you're really worried, a doctor may be able to narrow down the list of suspects a bit.

That said, I quit soft drinks cold turkey last October (this was my only caffeine source, as I hate all coffee except for the suspicious sort).  So far, so good, and not even dead tired after the first week or so.  But I didn't cut out 100% of the sugary stuff, since I now drink lemonade more often than I used to.  Also, FWIW, most store-bought lemonade is disgusting.  To get good lemonade, you need to go to a place that mixes their own drinks.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Duragizer said:

Could also be a hairline fracture, or gout, or a lego wedged under your insole... not that diabetes is anything to joke around with, but if you're really worried, a doctor may be able to narrow down the list of suspects a bit.

Yeah, I should see someone about it. I would've been in to see my family doctor, but he's a busybody who gets under my skin.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something I've been wondering about for a while now — when does the new year stop being "new"? February 1? Earlier than that? Later?

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Something I've been wondering about for a while now — when does the new year stop being "new"? February 1? Earlier than that? Later?

whenever it gets a scratch or ding

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No matter how much sleep I get the night before, and no matter how much coffee I drink during the day (inb4 username joke), I still keep falling asleep in all of my classes.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just set an alarm in class.  That's how I wake up in the morning so it would probably work for you.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Have you considered taking more interesting classes?

I actually find them rather interesting.  Philosophy, astronomy, communication and semiotics, all of which I am actually very interested in.

I'm just a sleepyboi.

Top Bottom