• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
You sound like Adam Driver.

You do actually kinda. 

It wasn't bad. The only complaint I have is a technical one,  which is that some shots had like some white noise in the audio that would vary and change with the shots,  maybe if a shot has no actual sounds it should just be muted and then shots that do have sound have the audio fade in before the sound and back out after the sound?  But this is an EXTREME nitpick. 

Also I don't know the timeline for this happening but you made the right choice getting rid of the stache.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Handman said:
You sound like Adam Driver.

You do actually kinda. 

It wasn't bad. The only complaint I have is a technical one,  which is that some shots had like some white noise in the audio that would vary and change with the shots,  maybe if a shot has no actual sounds it should just be muted and then shots that do have sound have the audio fade in before the sound and back out after the sound?  But this is an EXTREME nitpick. 

Also I don't know the timeline for this happening but you made the right choice getting rid of the stache.

O yeah, I'm aware of the audio problem.  Whatever free Windows Movie Maker equivalent software came on my laptop does not allow for such audio editing and I just had to live with it.

And yeah, I agree about the facial hair.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your editing program doesn't let you do audio fades or mute clips?  Bruh.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:

Mute, yes; fade, no.  I felt like muting them and then cutting to clips in which I did actually use the audio would be more jarring than cutting to different noise.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You didn't really need to use the audio at all, did you?  Foley and ADR that shit.

But this is definitely a bit beyond a one-man short.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
For something you shot and edited by your lonesome, it's not the worst thing in the world. It's certainly better than the "films" I shot on MiniDV back in 2006.

Now I wish I hadn't disposed of those "films". The one where I played a tinfoil-masked, disposable razor-wielding killer was so bad it might've been good and worth sharing.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd share the ones I've been a part of, but most of them were never finished.  And I like a little bit of anonymity.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
You didn't really need to use the audio at all, did you?  Foley and ADR that shit.

But this is definitely a bit beyond a one-man short.

Right, I'm familiar with Foley and ADR, but, again, it was just me and, thanks to poor planning, I did it all in one night.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
> [**Possessed** said:](post/id/989443)
>
> John Bonham was a MASSIVE steamy pile of shit. Sick drummer. But according to Robert Plant he was quite violent and aggressive and he beat people up for the bands sake or just because.
>

Not cool bruh I hate yoy very much

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
>
> John Bonham was a MASSIVE steamy pile of shit. Sick drummer. But according to Robert Plant he was quite violent and aggressive and he beat people up for the bands sake or just because.
>

I have no memory of saying this,  although it's true he was reportedly quite violent at times.  Sick drummer though.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Possessed said:

Mute, yes; fade, no.  

Bruh. Even windows movie maker let's you crossfade audio.  (Actually for simple editing tasks of just cutting things out or trimming dialogue it's actually a viable program,  which is a dirty little secret.  If you're wanting to do your visual tweaks and editing in one single program though it's out the windows 8)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Next person that calls another person "bro" or "bruh" gets super banned.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Neglify said:
>
>

I have no memory of saying this,  although it's true he was reportedly quite violent at times.  Sick drummer though.

Badmouthing legends and geniuses shouldn't be allowed. Especially by people who consider rodents to be pets.

:D

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
Possessed said:
Neglify said:
>
>

Badmouthing legends and geniuses shouldn't be allowed. Especially by people who consider rodents to be pets.

Brobuckle lots of largely talented people did terrible things, being a legend doesn't give you a pass on doing bad things.  Obvious example,  Bill Cosby is a legend.

Also kitties aren't rodents, kitties get rid of rodents. 

And I'm frankly appalled that I had the courtesy to share with you an actual picture of my real life cat and you had the nerve... the GALL... to not admit it was absolutely adorable.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
ArtisDead said:
Possessed said:
Neglify said:
>
>

Brobuckle lots of largely talented people did terrible things, being a legend doesn't give you a pass on doing bad things.  Obvious example,  Bill Cosby is a legend.

Also kitties aren't rodents, kitties get rid of rodents. 

And I'm frankly appalled that I had the courtesy to share with you an actual picture of my real life cat and you had the nerve... the GALL... to not admit it was absolutely adorable.

I'm sorry that I offended you. I meant tell you that you have a very nice little pussy cat.

Top Bottom