• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know why white chocolate gets such a bad rap. Personally, I love the stuff.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't tell Duracell that lots of other people actually enjoy it or that it's actually quite popular,  you'll ruin it for him.

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If there were two more hours in the day, I could get so much more stuff done.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Crimson713 said:
If there were two more hours in the day, I could get so much more stuff done.

I'd just waste it posting on the internet.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I've been watching Star Trek DS9 from a DVD box set.  The casing is the same dumb "EpikPak" as other CBS releases of this nature, but this one is particularly bad as one box houses an odd number of discs.  The solution was to stick an adhesive circle to the case and put a small plastic disc holder on it, except it falls off a lot.

IMG-5536.jpg

IMG-5533.jpg

Anyway, the last disc of season 6 has adhesive residue on the back and is largely unplayable.

IMG-5534.jpg

Anyone know how best to clean this?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Baby wipes are really good as well for removing sticker residue.

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't use toothpaste, it's grainy and can cause some serious microscopic abrasions on the disc that may or may not end with it being unplayable. Baby wipes or a lint free cloth with some windex are the way to go.

Source: Screwed up several PS2 games with the toothpaste method in college

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This stuff is amazing for removing sticker residue: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mykal-Sticky-Stuff-Remover-250ml/dp/B000TAT4GM

Does no damage to even the most delicate DVD packaging (plastic and cardboard) materials but hard to remove adhesive residue comes off like magic. However, I've never tried it on the actual DVD surface and I'm not sure what the equivalent US product would be. Goo Gone?

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An eBay item I won has been sent from Illinois to Milwaukee (where I live) to the Distribution Center in San Antonio, Texas, according to the USPS tracking details. Somehow I don't feel that is the most efficient route.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, I finally watched Superman vs Batman.  What a bad movie.  What a stupidly, poorly thought out movie.   When I can, I think I will writing ranting review of this p.o.s. .

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still love BvS no matter what critics say. Hurumph.

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

Me, too. Unapologetic love despite it's flaws and all the hate it got from critics and "fans" alike. There's legitimate criticisms to be made, but it honestly felt excessive how much hate it got, especially once the extended version came out. Affleck was an incredible Batman. That warehouse fight was like watching TDKR meets Arkham, it was awesome.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Crimson713 said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Me, too. Unapologetic love despite it's flaws and all the hate it got from critics and "fans" alike. There's legitimate criticisms to be made, but it honestly felt excessive how much hate it got, especially once the extended version came out. Affleck was an incredible Batman. That warehouse fight was like watching TDKR meets Arkham, it was awesome.

I actually have not seen the ultimate edition yet despite owning it! I haven't seen the film in its entirety since theaters, now that I think of it. Only fan edits since then. I really should watch the Ultimate Edition, because I've heard it's far better.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I vehemently refuse to watch any DCEU film. Except Wonder Woman. I'm merely uninterested in that one.

Top Bottom