• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All I can say is from now on I'm gonna think twice before I kiss ChainsawAsh on the mouth.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I pronounce the year "2000" as "twenty-hundred" and the years "2001-2009" as "twenty-oh-_____".

I guess this makes me a hipster. Oh, well....

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just found out that they added Watchmen to Netflix. I'm so happy. Too bad it's the theatrical cut, I've been so hesitant to watch it since I've only seen the theatrical and ultimate cuts. But whatever, Watchmen is Watchmen  I can now get all of my friends who haven't seen it yet to watch it, and I can literally watch it any time, anywhere now. It's one of my top 3 favorite movies next to Streets of Fire and Darkman.in no particular order. Too bad those two aren't on there.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I just found out that they added Watchmen to Netflix. I'm so happy. Too bad it's the theatrical cut, I've been so hesitant to watch it since I've only seen the theatrical and ultimate cuts. But whatever, Watchmen is Watchmen  I can now get all of my friends who haven't seen it yet to watch it, and I can literally watch it any time, anywhere now. It's one of my top 3 favorite movies next to Streets of Fire and Darkman.in no particular order. Too bad those two aren't on there.

Not to "fake fan" gatekeep or anything, but have you actually read the original comic?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Not to "fake fan" gatekeep or anything, but have you actually read the original comic?

Of course! I'll be honest, I first watched the movie before reading the comic, but just a couple months ago I did indeed finish reading the comic.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recall being underwhelmed by Watchmen. That was before I came to detest Zach Snyder, though. If I watched it today, I'd likely dislike it wholesale.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some Zack Snyder fans kinda scare me, so I won't always admit it as to not be associated with the most obsessive of fans, but I do personally love his works, at least all the ones I've seen.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Luckily for me and all of you i don't  really follow directors.  Do I like some snyder movies?  Couldn't begin to tell you. Maybe. Maybe not. For all I know my favorite director is Clint Eastwood. It Probably isn't,  but who knows with me.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed seems like a cool guy despite the one dream I had where he yelled at me.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I recall being underwhelmed by Watchmen. That was before I came to detest Zach Snyder, though. If I watched it today, I'd likely dislike it wholesale.

I've seen only parts of the movie, but based on my cursory understanding of it, it seemed to me that Snyder thought Rorschach was supposed to be the good guy, and fundamentally that's just too off-putting for me to bother to watch it in full.

Not to diss your taste or anything though jrwhag.  Just doesn't seem like it's for me.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I disagree, I think Rorschach was captured perfectly in the film.
Honestly, I think anyone should try watching the film at least once, but that's just me.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Luckily for me and all of you i don't  really follow directors.  Do I like some snyder movies?  Couldn't begin to tell you. Maybe. Maybe not. For all I know my favorite director is Clint Eastwood. It Probably isn't,  but who knows with me.

Yours is the rare kind of mind not poisoned by auteur theory.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
God is Jackson Pollock and humanity is but one line of paint in a beautiful abstract masterpiece.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My post was inspired by a dumb t-shirt I saw (not this exact one, but close enough).  The American Bible belt south is truly ridiculous.

6ec24b57c1acbad448aecc7823b4cea3.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In context, that quote's speaking about Christians, not the human species. And other translations use terms like "handiwork", "workmanship", etc. in place of "masterpiece".

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I call adolescent cats "cattens", and everyone else should, too.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I call adolescent cats "cattens", and everyone else should, too.

I call Kit Kats "Cat Catts", and everyone else should, too.

Top Bottom