• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
If Wikipedia's at all accurate (and it isn't), it doesn't appear to be available in Canada.

And yet you still choose to identify as Canadian.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
That reminds me of the time a few years back when the family received a package of crackers from 1996 from the food bank. They were so stale, you could smell the staleness through the plastic wrapping.

429027.gif

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the whole idea of a universe is that it's infinite.  If there's more than one universe...

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If the multiverse is infinite in this universe, there is also a universe in which the universe is finite, right?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I thought the whole idea of a universe is that it's infinite.

From what I've read, the jury's still out on that one.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I overheard someone at work say "I'm actually a huge ice cream person". 

I was like, 

Untitled-1_0055_Layer%2B23.jpg

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some friends of mine have told me that they'd like to read a webcomic by me.  As much as that flatters me, I have exactly zero (0) ideas at the moment that I think would work as a webcomic.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What if it starts like that, people wanting the main character to make a webcomic but nothing comes to mind, then the creator of the comic gets caught up in a crazy plot, the kind of plot/genre/type of story you would want to write about, by the time you get to the crazy plot part of the story maybe you'll have had time to come up with at least some ideas what the plot could be and the main character discovers what is going on as you write it?

It could be similar to how the movie Frank starts. The dude is trying to write songs and nothing seems to be working out but while he's out and about trying to think of things he meets the band and then the movie really starts.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everyone could do with a little more harmless double entendre in their lives, if you know what I mean.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't like reddit.  Too much of a hive mind, and everyone thinks they're an expert.  Plus, there's a needless focus on useless internet points, and absolutely no sense of community.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Idea for a movie: that annoying, anodyne, corporate-assembled boy band everyone over 19 rolls their eyes at is actually a cover for a young squad of elite demon-fighters. By night, they sing their generic songs to thousands of tween girls; by day... well, mostly by other nights, actually, they use their sick-ass dance moves to repel the spawn of Satan.

Running gag: goth/death metal bands are totally and comically oblivious to the actual demons in their midst, chalking them up to cosplay and their own inebriation.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Methinks the schools should teach the kiddies to understand early modern English at an early age. It'd make it far easier to understand (and thus appreciate) Shakespeare when it comes time to read his works.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Methinks the schools should teach the kiddies to understand early modern English at an early age. It'd make it far easier to understand (and thus appreciate) Shakespeare when it comes time to read his works.

Methinks they should start by teaching it at all.  At least at my school, they never taught it at all.  We were just thrown in to Shakespeare without any knowledge of it at all.  I was luckier than most of my classmates in that I was mostly able to catch on pretty quick, but not many others could at all.  But maybe I just had a particularly terrible teacher for the first couple years of high school.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:

Methinks they should start by teaching it at all.  At least at my school, they never taught it at all.  We were just thrown in to Shakespeare without any knowledge of it at all.

That's what I meant to say. Guess I failed to make that clear.

Top Bottom