• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Sinbad said:
Handman said:
There is an entire industry of people who spend their whole lives developing new ways to improve the toilet.

It's a bog standard job really...

Maybe that's why I haven't thought about it.  Then again, the toilet design and engineering industry doesn't really have that big of a presence around here.
Lost in translation methinks :)

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Don't the Japanese have a toilet that cleans your bum for you?

I want one of those.

Craig Ferguson does a bit about this in his latest Netflix special. I saw that tour live, actually. It's hilarious.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr. Burns is a fictional character, so yes.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lesson learned from battle of the planets:
shit like this comes to life at night, and not for good reasons.

Gaith said:
statueofunity7879-660-103118111454.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I should get back to writing; I haven't progressed on any of my screenplays in over a month. But it's so hard for me to get back in the frame of mind to continue.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I should get back to writing; I haven't progressed on any of my screenplays in over a month. But it's so hard for me to get back in the frame of mind to continue.

Just write something everyday. People get bogged down with thinking a masterpiece has to come out all at once. Most of good writing is editing. My brother-in-law is a professional musician and he writes a song every single day. Only a handful will get the attention to be revised. And only a handful of those ever see the light of day.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FRAK ME!!!!!!!!!!!  

Stupid-traitorous-mother-frakking-screw-the-consumer Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :mad:

My Mac was getting very glitchy again, so I reluctantly updated the OS from High Sierra to Mojave.... BIG MISTAKE!

While it now runs smoother in regards to the internet, most of my legacy programs/apps are now useless.

Spent the whole day trying all the various online work-arounds, none of them worked.  :cry:

The biggest loss is my Photoshop CS5 -- all my custom dvd cover art and personal projects now inaccessible.  I know it was an older program but is was reliable.   I do not use it that often, maybe once a month,  thus the idea of paying a monthly 20 Bucks subscription makes me physically ill.  :sick:

Looked into trying revert back to the previous older OS, but the risks seem too high that I could lose everything, as Apple has made it exceptionally difficult and complicated to restore older OS.

I guess the only good side of the this story I saved all my Photoshop files on my external HD.  Maybe I can fire up my in storage Mac from 7 years ago...?

When this current Mac dies, I am through with Apple.   I have been using Apple for almost 30 years, and used to love them.  But the company has changed so much in the last 10 years.... they have become the very thing they used to rail against.

gggrrrrrrrrrr...... so furious!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:  

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, while I am no Apple fanboy, I think this is an Adobe issue. They are a large enough company that they should’ve been prepared for a major OS update. From what I’ve read almost all of their products are experiencing issues with Mojave. I have Lightroom and spent hours the other day dealing with Adobe CS.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watch a single video critiquing Jordan Peterson's misrepresentation of postmodernism, and YouTube starts suggesting a slew of videos in support of that idiot for me to watch. Goddammit.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I watch a single video critiquing Jordan Peterson's misrepresentation of postmodernism, and YouTube starts suggesting a slew of videos in support of that idiot for me to watch. Goddammit.

Similarly, I once watched a video on the troubling Reagan-era politics of Ghostbusters and now my suggestions include Reagan speeches that "own the libs" and whatever.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Easiest fix:

Go to your youtube homepage. Find a suggested video or row of suggested videos. Click the X on the row, or the vertical ellipses (the dot dot dot icon). Remove the thing (row or video, whichever). A popup comes up and asks why. If the video is suggested because of something you watched, there will be an option that says "I don't want video recommendations based on 'XYZ Video'". Click that. Refresh. You should be good to go. 

If not, click at least one of the videos you don't want suggested to you. Click dislike and leave the page without watching more than a second or two of the video. Repeat on a few of them. Refresh youtube homepage. You should be good to go. 

If not, don't watch videos.  :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That right there is how an Adult thinks and acts. Instead of being frustrated about a minor annoyance, the Adult says to himself, "What can I do to fix this non-issue and increase my enjoyment?"

The Child: Grr I hate the cold so much.
The Adult: Put on a sweater.
The Child: Then I'll be too hot.
The Adult: Learn to endure.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Duragizer said:

Easiest fix:

Go to your youtube homepage. Find a suggested video or row of suggested videos. Click the X on the row, or the vertical ellipses (the dot dot dot icon). Remove the thing (row or video, whichever). A popup comes up and asks why. If the video is suggested because of something you watched, there will be an option that says "I don't want video recommendations based on 'XYZ Video'". Click that. Refresh. You should be good to go. 

If not, click at least one of the videos you don't want suggested to you. Click dislike and leave the page without watching more than a second or two of the video. Repeat on a few of them. Refresh youtube homepage. You should be good to go. 

If not, don't watch videos.  :D

Alternatively, you can delete the video from your viewing history by clicking the "History" tab and scrolling to the offending video.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
^ That right there is how an Adult thinks and acts. Instead of being frustrated about a minor annoyance, the Adult says to himself, "What can I do to fix this non-issue and increase my enjoyment?"

The Child: Grr I hate the cold so much.
The Adult: Put on a sweater.
The Child: Then I'll be too hot.
The Adult: Learn to endure.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, if you love your pain so much, put your wiener in a meat grinder. Or, listen to a Yoko Ono CD. Same result.

Top Bottom