• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We as a society need to agree that some things are inherently evil.  We can't go and say "Well, some Nazis weren't evil, they were just following orders" or "Well, some black people liked segregation".  Now, that may be well and good, but it doesn't mean the Nazis weren't evil, or racial segregation wasn't evil.  When we go ahead on that route, in a way, we are accepting that these things might not have been terrible things, never to be repeated.  By softening our stance, we allow ourselves to become susceptible to that evil to rise again.

It's very worrying.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure where that came from, but you're heading down a political path, so let's not.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't want to argue, but I will say that if a statement like "Nazis are evil" and "racial segregation is evil" is considered controversial...

Well, it doesn't really relieve my worry.

Anyway, that's all I have to say.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I don't want to argue, but I will say that if a statement like "Nazis are evil" and "racial segregation is evil" is considered controversial...

Well, it doesn't really relieve my worry.

Anyway, that's all I have to say.

I didn't say it was controversial.  I said it will take us down a political path.  All it takes is one person to say "I agree, however..." and we're off to the races.

I'm not going to let that happen here.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HitmanPro is alerting me HPSF.exe is malware. I've never gotten this warning before today, but none of my other anti-malware programs recognize this, so I don't know if this is a false positive or what, or what I should do about it.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TIL booking a flight on Frontier will trigger my credit card’s fraud protection. Seems about right.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is an entire industry of people who spend their whole lives developing new ways to improve the toilet.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
There is an entire industry of people who spend their whole lives developing new ways to improve the toilet.

It's a bog standard job really...

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t know if this is against the rules or not but I am going to do anyway.  

DON’T  FORGET TO VOTE (if you’re American, that is.)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Borderline.  Probably fine as long as it doesn't spiral out into a conversation about any aspect of voting.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Borderline.  Probably fine as long as it doesn't spiral out into a conversation about any aspect of voting that isn't directly related to a quote from a movie I've only seen once a bunch of years ago and thought was decent but not mind-blowing the way some people seem to think it is.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On another note:

Remember, remember the 5th of November!
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot!
I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason 
should ever be forgot!

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Handman said:

It's a bog standard job really...

Maybe that's why I haven't thought about it.  Then again, the toilet design and engineering industry doesn't really have that big of a presence around here.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't the Japanese have a toilet that cleans your bum for you?

I want one of those.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
TVs Frink said:
a movie I've only seen once a bunch of years ago and thought was decent but not mind-blowing the way some people seem to think it is.

Double quoted for double truth. It's like you read my diary.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
TVs Frink said:
TVs Frink said:
a movie I've only seen once a bunch of years ago and thought was decent but not mind-blowing the way some people seem to think it is.

Double quoted for double truth. It's like you read my diary.

It's exactly like that.

But don't worry, I won't reveal your crush.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
TVs Frink said:
Borderline.  Probably fine as long as it doesn't spiral out into a conversation about any aspect of voting that isn't directly related to a quote from a movie I've only seen once a bunch of years ago and thought was decent but not mind-blowing the way some people seem to think it is.

Well it’s a well run campaign, midget and  broom and whatnot.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Drank instant coffee for the first time in my life. Tasted horrible, like coffee-flavoured wine. :s

Top Bottom