• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last week my daughter turned 18.

This weekend she graduates from High School.

Something timey-whimey is afoot or I suddenly got old.    :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's when you get things like this as the top search result, that you question AmazonPrime's commitment to quality content:

42117364354_d8860bee86_c.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Golf is a bit too boring IMO. What golf needs is 2 or more highlanders per daily tournament, they have their claymores and their kilts and their bag pipes and they hide up in the trees around the course during the day playing their bag pipes, but when they stop playing the bag pipes thats when the golfers need to watch out cause the highlanders could come out at any time and try and slay the golfers who had it coming shooting all their balls at the guys in the padded suits and caged lawn mowers, if the golfer can get his balls into the net (you know what I mean) without being halved by the highlanders then they get extra marks, but if they get halved they're done for the season. If not highlanders then... trained police dogs given the scent of the golfers.
Just...ninja kick the damn ball. Do something!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mate. This will change your life:

latest

It comes with a scoring pencil and all.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
It's when you get things like this as the top search result, that you question AmazonPrime's commitment to quality content:

42117364354_d8860bee86_c.jpg

This is why it's never a good idea to subvert copy protection.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
han-leia-hoth-fight.jpg

"When I said that I wanted to have kids and you said you wanted me to have a Vasectomy, what did I do? And then when you said that you wanted to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said that you definately didn't want to have kids, well I had it reversed back. Snip-snap, snip-snap, snip snap! I DID! You have no idea the physical toll three vasectomies have on the human body!" - Han Solo.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so what happens when automation hits the film industry? Will blockbusters eventually progress full automation? Automated Star Wars forever. Automated MCU forever...

:s

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Okay, so what happens when automation hits the film industry? Will blockbusters eventually progress full automation? Automated Star Wars forever. Automated MCU forever...

:s

This the future for all citizens, not just the film industry :D ...

friday.jpg

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
han-leia-hoth-fight.jpg

"When I said that I wanted to have kids and you said you wanted me to have a Vasectomy, what did I do? And then when you said that you wanted to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said that you definately didn't want to have kids, well I had it reversed back. Snip-snap, snip-snap, snip snap! I DID! You have no idea the physical toll three vasectomies have on the human body!" - Han Solo.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
tumblr_lke1cvGaBd1qa1p7d.gif

"When I said that I wanted to have kids and you said you wanted me to have a Vasectomy, what did I do? And then when you said that you wanted to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said that you definately didn't want to have kids, well I had it reversed back. Snip-snap, snip-snap, snip snap! I DID! You have no idea the physical toll three vasectomies have on the human body!" - Michael Scott

FTFY ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought maybe there was a thread where semi-official fanedits were discussed but I can't remember where it was, if there was one so anyway...

I was reading the interesting story behind Peter Bogdanovich's critically lambasted 1975 Musical 'At Long Last Love'. From Wikipedia...

At Long Last Love was only released once on videocassette, by Magnetic Video in 1981.[20] In addition, there were different versions (each with different scenes and numbers added and missing) floating around among fans and collectors, from 16mm prints and various TV broadcasts.

The director dismissed the film as a painful memory until around 2011 when he was told it was streaming on Netflix and people were liking it. For the first time in many years he watched it himself, and for the first time in years, he liked what he saw. But it was not his cut.

It was discovered that a longtime studio editor named Jim Blakely had secretly assembled another version of the film (running approximately 121 minutes) which more closely resembled Bogdanovich's shooting script and first preview cut. He quietly substituted it as the default version as early as 1979, and that was the version made available to Netflix. The director has gratefully acknowledged Jim Blakely, who died before anyone learned what he had done.

After finding out how it happened, Bogdanovich called Fox to say he liked that version. He made some refinements, including 90 seconds of restored footage, bringing the final running time to 123 minutes. The studio released it as the "Definitive Director's Version" on Blu-ray disc in June 2013, resulting in more positive reviews than the theatrical version received.

So is this unauthorised 1979 cut by Jim Blakely the first ever fanedit? I'm curious to see it now, if the OOP "fanedit" blu-ray wasn't going for $123 :dodgy:.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Rogue-theX said:
tumblr_lke1cvGaBd1qa1p7d.gif

"When I said that I wanted to have kids and you said you wanted me to have a Vasectomy, what did I do? And then when you said that you wanted to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said that you definately didn't want to have kids, well I had it reversed back. Snip-snap, snip-snap, snip snap! I DID! You have no idea the physical toll three vasectomies have on the human body!" - Michael Scott

FTFY ;)

xByII.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if i had a poodle, i'd name it FIFA.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Wahlberg is it not horrible enough you are attached to the film remake of my childhood hero THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN (thankfully the writer/director exited just weeks before production was scheduled to commence), but now, you are attached to butcher another beloved fictional hero of mine --SPENSER FOR HIRE!!!!!!  

Wahlberg and partner Peter Berg have signed a deal to bring Robert B. Parker's SPENSER to Netflix.  But get this, they are not even adapting a story by Parker but instead one by Ace Atkins.  Furthermore, they are changing Spenser's origin so he is an ex-convict!?!!?  WTF! :mad:

Don't get me wrong, I like Wahlberg in quite a few past roles, but his range is limited and he essentially plays variations of the same blue collar character over and over again.  He lacks the sophistication or nuance for either role imo.  Go make Ted 3.  :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dear "Weird" Al Yankovic,

A humble parody song suggestion (don't worry about crediting me):

"It was the Tweet of the Moment"

Cheers,
Gaith

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only silver-lining of my internet playing up for the last few days is that youtube got confused by the slow loading and mixed up the thumbnails and titles and did this:

28368608497_120809cbdc_o.jpg

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Video game movies suck, but some games are inspired by good movies. If you re-scored those good movies with music from the games, then bam, good video game movies. 

Candidates include but are not limited to: Legend by Ridley Scott with Zelda music, Aliens by James Cameron with Contra music, and Scarface by Brian DePalma with GTA music.

Top Bottom