• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think there's only so much you can do. L8wrtr and Hal9000 have pretty much done the best that can be done with the material IMO (I haven't seen Q2's yet), without getting into territory where you're essentially remaking the film (like what Andreas is doing). I'm satisfied with thier versions not because they make the films good, but because they make them enjoyable. That's the most they can be, and I honestly don't think there's anything more that can be done outside of the odd preferential tweak. 
Therefore, I have no interest in any other prequel edit unless it's doing something very drastic (over dubbing, creating subtitles, rotoscoping). Nothing that isn't already very similar to what currently exists can come of simply adding/removing material.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
I think there's only so much you can do. L8wrtr and Hal9000 have pretty much done the best that can be done with the material 

Agree. 

The Scribbling Man said:
 they make them enjoyable.

Agree to disagree.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hollywood will keep making and remaking the same movies. Online nerds will keep fanediting the Star Wars prequels. Focus more on the ones who keep things fresh.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching Looper and thinking Emily Blunt is the go-to-girl when you have a decent sci-fi script, Shes done four in recent years and they have all been pretty great. 
The Adjustment Bureau
Looper
Edge Of Tomorrow
A Quiet Place

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So... what's the deal with the "buddy" button? What happens if you add someone as a buddy/they add you? Are there any advantages? Or is it just symbolic of your blossoming friendship? Does anyone have any buddies? Does me not having any buddies make me a lonely, buddy-less man? Does anyone use this feature?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
So... what's the deal with the "buddy" button? What happens if you add someone as a buddy/they add you? Are there any advantages? Or is it just symbolic of your blossoming friendship? Does anyone have any buddies? Does me not having any buddies make me a lonely, buddy-less man? Does anyone use this feature?

I don’t even know what you’re talking about.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I don’t even know what you’re talking about.
Screenshot_2018_04_22_22_55_19_465.jpg

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m assuming it’s not on the mobile version. 99.999% of my lifetime surfing here has been mobile.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I’m assuming it’s not on the mobile version. 99.999% of my lifetime surfing here has been mobile.

Same. It's there if you switch to desktop view, which I sometimes do.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Add me as a buddy and just see what happens to your life.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still both suprised and disappointed when I open a packet of crisps to find the bag less than half full.

UnhappyFrighteningAlligator-max-1mb.gif

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Can't argue with objectivity.

Db_MYCDGW4_AA7hh3.jpg

If only it had an "f" in it...

edit: the person also screwed up the first sentence. Should be "jumps" so it has an "s." I'm really fun at parties.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
moan over.

we get you, TOG. that’s why neg and i formed a blood pact many suns ago (six or seven) to fanedit only films nobody else in the community has touched.

if either of us violates the pact, a mass summoning will be triggered: one demogorgon every hectare across the surface of the earth.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks
thecuddlyninja said:
Gaith said:

Db_MYCDGW4_AA7hh3.jpg

edit: the person also screwed up the first sentence. Should be "jumps" so it has an "s." I'm really fun at parties.

Today I learned “of” is spelled without an F.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Thanks
thecuddlyninja said:
Gaith said:

Db_MYCDGW4_AA7hh3.jpg

Today I learned “of” is spelled without an F.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m still scratching my head as to why that Star Wars/ Arrested Development mashup that Ron Howard did in promotion for Solo wasn’t more of a hit. It was so perfect for any fans of both franchises.

Top Bottom